Britney makes spoof ad for gay fragranceMay 29th, 2009 - 5:03 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, May 29 (ANI): Britney Spears has taken to a satirical way of poking fun at her perfumes, by releasing a spoof video to promote a new fake scent dedicated to the gay community.
The ‘Womaniser’ singer takes a jibe at her career as a perfumer in the short clip for fragrance ‘Mo’-a term of endearment in the gay community.
The short film involves footage from Britney’s ‘Curious’, ‘Fantasy’ and ‘Believe’ perfume adverts.
According to Contactmusic, at the end of the video, the 27-year-old beauty comes onscreen to say: “One spray and the gays will run your way.”
Shot on the set of Britney’s ‘If You Seek Amy’ music video, the advert was made for the Logo network’s NewNowNext TV awards, which celebrate gay culture.
Britney will receive the ‘Always Next, Forever Now’ award at the 2009 ceremony in the US on June 13.
According to Logo executive producer Christopher Willey, the singer has agreed to make the video to connect with her homosexual fans.
He said: “She’s having fun with her gay audience, because she’s an official gay icon at such a young and tender age. She has this natural rapport with the gay community. I think she just really likes her gay fans and she sees this as a way to talk directly to them, which she hasn’t really done before.” (ANI)
- Britney Spears shoots commercial for gay perfume - May 29, 2009
- Racy spoof video of Spears' 'Hold It Against Me' is big hit on YouTube - Feb 03, 2011
- Tulisa launches her fragrance - 'Female Boss' - Oct 27, 2011
- Britney Spears to be named gay icon - Apr 29, 2009
- Lady Gaga to premiere her 'You and I' video - Aug 17, 2011
- Selena Gomez's scent inspired by Olsen - Apr 15, 2012
- Aguilera honoured by gay community - Apr 22, 2011
- JLo tops list of perfume makers - Jun 30, 2012
- Britney Spears tweets a photo giving a sneak peek of her new video - Jan 25, 2011
- Britney agrees to pay to end lawsuit - Feb 18, 2012
- Britney Spears 'Hold it against me' video's sneak peak - Feb 17, 2011
- Britney Spears accused of using man as her body double in new video - Apr 08, 2011
- Gay community provides me strength: Kelly Rowland - Dec 28, 2011
- Shakira launches second fragrance - Jun 14, 2011
- Jamie Lynn Spears' daughter sings Britney's number - Aug 02, 2011
Tags: advert, britney spears, executive producer, fragrance, gay audience, gay community, gay culture, gay fans, gay icon, having fun, music video, natural rapport, newnownext, perfume adverts, perfumes, short film, spoof, tender age, term of endearment, tv awards