British royal family inspired AtkinsonSeptember 25th, 2011 - 3:54 pm ICT by IANS
London, Sep 25 (IANS) Actor Rowan Atkinson, best remembered as Mr. Bean, considers the British royal family to be a great source of “inspiration”.
The 56-year-old, who is a friend of Prince Charles, says his penchant for making fun of the monarchy is “born out of love and respect” for them.
“In ‘Mr Bean’ there was a ‘thing’ at the time about nutting the Queen Mother. We’ve inflicted violence on members of the royal family on a regular basis so it seems silly to stop now. But it’s undoubtedly born out of love and respect and wanting them to carry on,” contactmusic.com quoted Atkinson as saying.
“The last thing I would wish is for it to discredit the British establishment or the monarchy because I need it there - a) as a source of inspiration and b) as a source of comedy,” he added.
- Mr.Bean enthrals fans with English humour - Jul 28, 2012
- Guy Ritchie, Joss Stone invited for royal wedding - Apr 24, 2011
- Hey mom, it's Mr Bean up there! - Oct 29, 2011
- Boyle's Olympic creation narrative of British history (Roundup) - Jul 28, 2012
- I'm too old for Mr.Bean now: Rowan Atkinson - Sep 07, 2011
- Meet Mr. Bean, the Spanish President, courtesy hackers! - Jan 05, 2010
- Prince William behind Tony Blair wedding snub due to personal hatred? - Apr 29, 2011
- `Mr Bean' discharged from hospital - Aug 07, 2011
- Kate may not pledge to 'obey' William - Mar 26, 2011
- Wills-Kat wedding 'a chance to re-brand royal family business' - Apr 03, 2011
- Cost-cutting Queen to chop monarchy to 'fab four' - Apr 04, 2010
- Will-Kate wedding: European royals receive warning fax - Jan 26, 2011
- Helen Mirren in awe of Kate Middleton - Feb 09, 2011
- Flashback of royal family before William-Kate wedding - Apr 23, 2011
- Like Diana, Kate Middleton too may not pledge to 'obey' hubby - Mar 27, 2011
Tags: british establishment, british royal family, comedy, great source, inflicted violence, inspiration, london, love and respect, monarchy, mr bean, penchant, prince charles, queen mother, rowan atkinson, who is a friend