Brit fashion designer John Galliano filmed saying ‘I love Hitler’March 1st, 2011 - 4:11 pm ICT by ANI
London, Mar 1 (ANI): British fashion designer John Galliano is facing further trouble after the emergence of a video that shows him saying ‘I love Hitler’ and glorifying the Holocaust.
Galliano was already suspended by fashion house Christian Dior last week for allegedly making anti-Semitic remarks.
In a video posted online, the clearly visible British designer tells a woman at a cafe ‘I love Hitler’ and adds: “People like you would be dead. Your mothers, your forefathers, would be… gassed and… dead,” reports the Independent.
Meanwhile, Galliano was summoned by Paris police on Monday to face three people who accused him of racially abusing them in a Parisian bar in two separate incidents.
The 50-year-old fashion designer has denied the allegations and has made counter-accusations that a couple on Thursday defamed, insulted and threatened him.
However, a mobile phone video posted on the Internet shows Galliano making a verbal, racial attack on customers in a Paris bar in December.
The Dior creative director, apparently the worse for drink, is captured in mid-argument.
In the third alleged incident, a woman approached Paris police at the weekend claiming she had suffered anti-Semitic abuse from Galliano in La Perle bar in the Marais district last October.
Christian Dior suspended Galliano pending further investigations after the first allegations last Friday, saying it had a ‘zero-tolerance’ policy on racism and anti-Semitism.
Meanwhile, Galliano’s lawyer Stephane Zerbib said that he knew nothing of the video and his client insisted he was not anti-Semitic.
Under French law racial insults are punishable by fines of up to 19,000 pounds and six months in prison. (ANI)
- Galliano facing defamation lawsuit - May 07, 2011
- Dior's John Galliano sacked over 'anti-Jewish slurs' - Mar 02, 2011
- Dior suspends Galliano after anti-Semitic remarks (Lead) - Feb 26, 2011
- 'Anti-Jewish' John Galliano 'could face prison despite apology' - Mar 03, 2011
- John Galliano to sue couple accusing him of making Asian slurs - Feb 27, 2011
- Galliano stripped of French honour - Aug 26, 2012
- Portman disgusted by Galliano's anti-Semitic remarks - Mar 02, 2011
- I don't think he's racist. I just think he's very ill, says Galliano's 'victim' - Mar 12, 2011
- Natalie Portman slams Dior's John Galliano over anti-Semitic remarks - Mar 02, 2011
- John Galliano sacked from own fashion label following anti-Semitic rant - Apr 16, 2011
- John Galliano's Paris Fashion Week show scrapped - Mar 05, 2011
- Galliano's victim defends the designer - Mar 12, 2011
- John Galliano found guilty - Sep 09, 2011
- John Galliano's show cancelled - Mar 05, 2011
- Galliano didn't use racist remarks: Lawyer - Feb 28, 2011
Tags: accusations, anti semitism, british fashion, christian dior, creative director, fashion designer, fashion house, forefathers, french law, hitler, holocaust, john galliano, last friday, marais district, mid argument, old fashion, paris bar, paris police, racial insults, zero tolerance policy