Brigitte Bardot calls Sarkozy’s oldest friend “big, fat wide-boy liar”February 12th, 2010 - 6:02 pm ICT by ANI
Sydney, Feb 12 (ANI): French model/singer Brigitte Bardot has called one of President Nicolas Sarkozy’s oldest friends a “big, fat wide-boy liar” after he claimed to have slept with her at the height of her fame.
Bardot, 75, was infuriated by Patrick Balkany’s claim in his autobiography released last month, and his repeating it on radio and television.
The 61-year-old controversial and flamboyant mayor-MP of a Paris suburb, portrays himself as a Don Juan who wooed a host of beauties, in his book, ‘Une Autre Verite, La Mienne’ (Another Truth, Mine).
Among his conquests he cites Shirley MacLaine, the film star, and Bardot, who fell for his charms at the zenith of her seductive powers.
“I must have been 18. She was a star hounded by the paparazzi. We had gone together to a soiree in Deauville [a chic Normandy seaside town]. I was proud to have her on my arm,” the Sydney Morning Herald quoted him as writing.
“‘Listen,’ she whispered in her inimitable voice, ‘I can’t sleep with someone if I’m not in love’. Oh well, I thought. Ten minutes later, she added, in a breath: ‘But you know, I can fall in love three times a day’,” he wrote.
He claims the star of ‘And God Created Woman’, who is now a prominent animal rights campaigner, mentioned the one-night stand in 2004 when she used his town hall for her Brigitte Bardot Foundation’s Christmas function.
But Bardot categorically denied the liaison in a statement to the press.
“I know with whom I have slept and it certainly was not with this fat wide-boy liar, an unusually inelegant cad,” she wrote.
“For a politician who claims to be credible, respected and dignified, this lowliness shows his true personality,” she added.
Balkany recently recounted the incident on a television programme called ‘We Haven’t Gone To Bed’, and Bardot said it should have been renamed ‘We Haven’t Gone To Bed Together’ for the occasion.
If he restated his claim once more, she promised to sue him for slander. Her lawyer said she was considering filing for a court injunction to force the book’s publisher to insert a denial from Bardot in the book.
“All her life, people have told rubbish about her,” Christophe Marie, head of animal protection at her foundation, said.
“She feels wounded and soiled and doesn’t understand the Levallois mayor’s actions unless it’s a desire to get people talking about him to sell his books,” Marie stated.
But Balkany has stuck to his story, reportedly saying: “Nothing surprises me any more. I just find all this very sad for her.” (ANI)
- When Brigitte Bardot snuck into Michael Caine's hotel room - Oct 03, 2010
- Brigitte Bardot inspires Kelly Brook - Jun 06, 2012
- I've been on the verge of suicide several times, says Brigitte Bardot - Sep 14, 2010
- Two feuding Paris mayors declare street one-way in opposite directions - Sep 03, 2009
- Exclusive photos of Brigitte Bardot before her film fame surface - May 30, 2010
- 73-yr-old former actress to challenge Sarkozy for French Presidency - Oct 18, 2010
- Tom Joyner invites Steve Harvey ex-wife Mary Harvey on his show - Feb 01, 2011
- Scarlett Johansson records a song - Sep 06, 2011
- MALLIKA SINGS! WITH BEATLES' FOUNDER SON JULIAN LENNON FOR HISSS SOUNDTRACK - Sep 06, 2010
- Actress Brigitte Bardot wants to run for the French Presidential elections - Oct 19, 2010
- Amy's dad to share her handwritten notes with fans - Jun 18, 2012
- Scarlett Johansson plans duet album with Pete Yorn - Jul 29, 2009
- Jackson's middle name revealed - Jun 01, 2012
- Marlo Thomas memoir looks back at her life with an affectionate stance - Oct 06, 2010
- Liz Hurley meets Shane Warne's parents for the first time - Feb 10, 2011
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,