Bridget Jones’s Diary to be made into a musicalJune 6th, 2009 - 11:57 am ICT by ANI
London, June 6 (ANI): Renee Zellweger-starrer Bridget Jones’s Diary is to be turned into a musical.
The 2001 film grossed 282 million dollars worldwide, and its sequel, Bridget Jones: The Edge of Reason, raked in 262 million dollars.
Now, the writer of the original novels, Helen Fielding, is planning to cash in on the romantic comedy franchise with a stage production, reports The Daily Express.
She tells U.K. newspaper The Times, “I’ve been doing it (writing) for two years, and writing the songs.”
Written in the form of a personal diary, the novel chronicles a year in the life of Bridget Jones, a thirty-something single working woman living in London. She writes (often humorously) about her career, self-image, vices, family, friends, and romantic relationships. (ANI)
- Zellweger to return with 'Bridget Jones 3' - Jul 15, 2009
- Third Bridget Jones book announced - Mar 03, 2011
- 'Bridget Jones's Diary' making a comeback - Aug 15, 2011
- 'Bridget Jones' musical now on hold - Apr 08, 2012
- Renee Zellweger might do another Bridget Jones movie - Aug 16, 2011
- Renee Zellweger says she never planned to be famous - Mar 13, 2011
- Grant still keen for 'Bridget Jones' sequel - Apr 27, 2012
- Zellweger to don fat suit in 'Bridget Jones 3' - Sep 23, 2009
- Renee Zellweger laughs off Bridget Jones 3 rumours - Oct 21, 2009
- Bradley Cooper's 'career behind Renee Zellweger split' - Mar 25, 2011
- Renee Zellewger's "One And Only" - Aug 21, 2009
- Renee Zellweger Ready To Wed Bradley Cooper? - Jun 12, 2010
- Is Cooper, Zellweger relationship in trouble? - May 31, 2010
- Renee Zellweger sports skinny look ahead of 'Bridget Jones' film - Aug 20, 2009
- Lily Allen writing for 'Bridget Jones's musical - Jul 12, 2010
Tags: bridget jones the edge of reason, daily express, edge of reason, family friends, franchise, helen fielding, living in london, million dollars, musical london, novel, novels, personal diary, renee zellweger, romantic comedy, romantic relationships, self image, sequel, stage production, vices, working woman