‘Bridesmaid’ is a unisex film: Kristen WiigJune 23rd, 2011 - 5:01 am ICT by IANS
London, June 23 (IANS) Comedian Kristen Wiig, who has penned the forthcoming comedy “Bridesmaid” along with Annie Mumolo, says the movie is not meant for women only.
Directed by Paul Feig, “Bridesmaid” talks about a group of friends and how a wedding impacts their relationship.
“We did not write this movie specifically for a particular audience. There are some things that may be men gravitate towards, and may be women go for other things but mostly I think it’s unisex,” contactmusic.com quoted the 37-year-old as saying.
Wiig also credits producer Judd Apatow for coming up with the ideas for some of the comic scenes in the film.
“Without Judd, this film would not have happened. He had a lot of great ideas and, yes, the dress shop scene was something he came up with. And he was great about improvising - he just let us roll the camera and shoot. He would challenge us to outdo ourselves and he gave us a lot of trust,” she said.
- Before 'Bridesmaids', Wiig was clueless about screenwriting - Jun 20, 2011
- Bridesmaids edges out 'Sex and the City' on the popularity charts - Jul 06, 2011
- Kristen Wiig shines in 'Bridesmaids' - May 13, 2011
- Kristen Wiig lands new comedy role - Mar 01, 2012
- Spears wants to do film for Pillips, Apatow - Feb 12, 2011
- Kristen Wiig inspires Olivia Wilde - Mar 05, 2012
- Kristen Wiig retires two SNL characters - May 04, 2011
- Kristen Wiig will never marry again - Jun 15, 2011
- Rogen unsure about his role in 'Knocked Up' - Jan 11, 2011
- Kristen Wiig wants to adopt! - Mar 16, 2012
- Aziz Ansari is the next big thing: Forbes - Jul 06, 2010
- Maya Rudolph is pregnant with her 3rd child with husband Paul Thomas Anderson - Mar 21, 2011
- Applegate in 'Anchorman 2' - Jun 22, 2012
- Kristen Stewart named highest paid actress - Jun 20, 2012
- Pattinson, Stewart love riding bicycles - Jan 31, 2011