Brian Jones death case ‘will not be re-opened despite murder evidence’

November 1st, 2010 - 12:53 pm ICT by ANI  

London, Nov 1 (ANI): Despite new evidence suggesting he was murdered, the police have decided not to re-open the probe into the ‘mysterious’ death of Rolling Stones guitarist Brian Jones.

According to the Daily Mail, the police have decided to let the official ruling stand, and the case will not be re-opened.

Although his death was officially ruled an accidental drowning due to ‘misadventure’, there have been constant rumours that the 27-year-old was a victim of murder.
The rock star is said to have drowned accidentally in the swimming pool at his home in Sussex while under the influence of drink and drugs in 1969.

An inquest into Jones’s death recorded a verdict of misadventure, though the post-mortem report said there were no illegal drugs in his body.

In August this year, the Sussex Police decided to review evidence gathered by journalist Scott Jones (no relation to Brian Jones), who had been investigating the death for four years.

Scott’s evidence suggested that Jones was murdered.

After reviewing the evidence, Sussex Police said, “This has been thoroughly reviewed by Sussex Police’s Crime Policy and Review Branch but there is no new evidence to suggest that the coroner’s original verdict of ‘death by misadventure’ was incorrect. As such, the case will not be reopened.” (ANI)

Related Stories

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Posted in Entertainment |

Subscribe