Brett Michaels: ‘I could have died’April 19th, 2010 - 12:03 am ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
San Antonio, Apr 18 (THAINDIAN NEWS) Brett Michaels spoke about his emergency appendectomy and said that he could have died. He was taken to the hospital before one of his shows in San Antonio on Sunday night. The whole episode was a sad lesson for him too, and he was able to speak about the whole scary adventure with death only recently, after coming to terms with it.
He was scheduled to perform at the Sea World, and was also constantly complaining about a sever stomachache. He had presumed that he was suffering from flu, and the pain was because of that. However the doctors asked him to go to the hospital just before his show. At the hospital, the doctors diagnosed it as appendicitis and Brett was underwent emergency surgery at 1 am in that night.
“About 10 minutes before show time doctors got on the [tour] bus and said, ‘Bret we really don’t think this is the flu. After the fact, [doctors] told me that if I had gone onstage like I wanted to, it likely would have ruptured and I could have died. Not good. When you’re not planning on having a body part ripped out of you, it can be a shock to the system,” the singer wrote in a blog-post.
- Bret Michaels released from hospital, full recovery expected - May 05, 2010
- Doctors: Bret Michaels can have a full recovery, but there are some dangers ahead - Apr 27, 2010
- Bret Michaels is in a critical condition after suffering a brain hemorrhage - Apr 26, 2010
- Can Bret Michaels tour this summer? - Apr 29, 2010
- Shows Canceled: Bret Michaels Recovers From Emergency Surgery - Apr 16, 2010
- Brett Michaels Considered Critical: Brain Aneurysm Dangers - Apr 26, 2010
- Poison man Bret Michaels 'stabilizes' after brain hemorrhage - Apr 24, 2010
- Bret Michaels Released from Hospital After Heart Surgery - Jan 27, 2011
- Bret Michaels Still Critical: NEW MUSIC Posted On Website - Apr 27, 2010
- Singer Bret Michaels Diagnosed With Brain Hemorrhage, In ICU - Apr 24, 2010
- Miley Cyrus says she knew 'strong' Bret Michaels would survive - Jun 22, 2010
- Bret Michaels Felt Hemorrhage Was A Gunshot! - May 08, 2010
- Bret Michaels recovering after heart surgery - Jan 27, 2011
- Bret Michaels Miracle: Singer Released From Hospital! - May 06, 2010
- Bret Michaels releases a new track 'Wasted Time' - May 09, 2010