Bret Michaels discharged from hospital after suffering ‘mini stroke’May 22nd, 2010 - 5:12 pm ICT by ANI
London, May 22 (ANI): Poison frontman Bret Michaels has been discharged from a hospital in Los Angeles after he suffered a ‘mini-stroke’ earlier this week.
Michaels, 47, had been in the middle of making comeback plans following a brain haemorrhage last month, when he was re-admitted to hospital complaining of numbness on the left side of his body.
Doctors found he had suffered a mini-stroke and discovered he had a hole in his heart.
“There is no doubt that this is devastating news to Bret and his family,” the Daily Star quoted his physician Dr. Joseph Zabramski as writing in a post on Michaels’ website on May 20.
“The good news is that it is operable and treatable and we think we may have diagnosed the problem that caused the Transient Ischemic Attack (stroke).
“Without a doubt he is very determined to get healthy and make a 100 percent recovery. Medically speaking it is a fantastic attitude both mentally and physically for him to have.
“However, Bret’s brain and body are not quite 100 percent yet, especially with the hole found in his heart,” the doctor stated.
And now the rocker’s publicist Joann Mignano has in an email dated May 21 revealed the star has left hospital and is now receiving outpatient care, although no further details were given.
Michaels’ stroke is not believed to be related to his near-fatal haemorrhage. It is the singer’s third health battle in the last two months - he underwent emergency surgery to remove his appendix in April (10). (ANI)
- Bret Michaels recuperating after successful heart surgery - Jan 27, 2011
- Bret Michaels is a great fighter: Donald Trump - May 24, 2010
- Bret Michaels released from hospital after brain haemorrhage treatment - May 05, 2010
- Bret Michaels might attend the finale of 'The Celebrity Apprentice' - May 23, 2010
- Bret Michaels was watching porn during haemorrhage - May 21, 2010
- Bret Michaels In Stable But Critical State, Reports His Publicist - Apr 24, 2010
- Rock singer and reality TV personality Bret Michaels in critical condition - Apr 24, 2010
- Bret Michaels discharged from the hospital - May 05, 2010
- Bret Michaels to have heart surgery next month - Dec 21, 2010
- Bret Michaels to undergo surgery for hole in heart - Sep 24, 2010
- Bret Michaels Makes Comeback On "Celebrity Apprentice" Finale - May 23, 2010
- Mini-strokes create lasting damage to the brain - Jan 29, 2011
- Bret Michaels released from hospital, full recovery expected - May 05, 2010
- Bret Michaels Released from Hospital After Heart Surgery - Jan 27, 2011
- Bret Michaels recovering after heart surgery - Jan 27, 2011
Tags: appendix, brain and body, brain haemorrhage, bret michaels, daily star, dr joseph, email, emergency surgery, fantastic attitude, joann, last two months, michaels website, mignano, mini stroke, no doubt, numbness, poison, publicist, receiving outpatient care, transient ischemic attack