Brangelina’s looking for an Indian childMarch 30th, 2009 - 6:00 pm ICT by Sampurn Wire
When Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie were in India towards the end of 2006, there was news that they would adopt an Indian child. But later it turned out to be just a rumour.
But that very rumour is all set to become a reality now.
The recent buzz is that the Hollywood ‘It’ couple is planning to extend their multinational family by adopting a child from India. They already have three adopted children Maddox, seven, from Cambodia, Pax, four, from Vietnam and Zahara, three, from Ethiopia as well as 2-year-old biological daughter Shiloh and their seven-month-old twins Vivienne and Knox.
Most recently there was a word that they were looking for a child of African descent, someone to which Zahara could feel close.
Jolie only recently revealed plans to adopt from India and the cause is her meeting with the child stars of the multiple Oscar-winning film “Slumdog Millionaire’.
The issue cropped up when ten-year-old Azharuddin Mohammed Ismail asked the “Tomb Raider’ star why she had not adopted from his home country and she replied, “Well, I’ll let you into a little secret, we will soon.”
In fact, according to a source, they had actually considered adoption after visiting the country’s Priya Darshini Orphanage in 2006, but were too busy to finalise the details.
The source added, “They filled out all the paperwork but had to put the adoption on hold because of all their other commitments.”
Well, an Indian tyke in the Brangelina brood would sure be a treat to watch. -Sampurn Media
- Brangelina to adopt child from India? - Mar 29, 2009
- Brangelina's son taking pilot lessons - Feb 07, 2012
- Jolie plans Africa trip with kids - Aug 01, 2011
- Jolie not planning for more kids - Jun 05, 2011
- Pitt's mom shops for Shiloh, upsets Jolie - Jul 18, 2012
- Kids tell Pitt, Jolie to settle down - Sep 22, 2011
- Brangelina have nicknames for each other - Sep 08, 2012
- I'd like to marry now: Brad Pitt - Jan 27, 2012
- Brad wants to get married (Lead) - Jan 27, 2012
- Our kids not allowed to Google us: Pitt - Jan 30, 2012
- Raising six kids tougher than action stunts: Pitt - Sep 08, 2012
- Shiloh wants to be a boy: Jolie - Jun 29, 2010
- Angelina Jolie learning French - Dec 21, 2011
- Refugees improved Jolie's parenting skills - Oct 05, 2011
- Pitt under pressure to marry - Sep 23, 2011
Tags: adopting a child, adopting a child from india, african descent, angelina jolie, azharuddin, biological daughter, brad pitt and angelina, brad pitt and angelina jolie, brangelina, child stars, darshini, maddox, mohammed ismail, pitt and angelina, pitt and angelina jolie, priya, seven month, tomb raider star, tyke, zahara