Brangelina’s disaccord at Cannes sparks relationship trouble rumoursMay 22nd, 2009 - 4:19 pm ICT by ANI
London, May 22 (ANI): Hollywood couple Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie have done nothing to dispel rumours that trouble is brewing in their relationship, and their united front at the Cannes Film Festival looked forced.
It has been three months since the two were pictured together, and when they arrived at the premiere of Pitt’s movie ‘Inglourious Basterds’ on May 20, there was a lot of awkwardness between them.
“Brad and Angelina have certainly had happier times. They used to do everything together but these days they barely see each other,” the Sun quoted a source close to the couple as saying.
“Both of them are exhausted. They have to juggle the demands of parenthood with their busy careers.
“Angie has a temper but she’s at her worst when she’s tired or stressed,” the source said.
Body language expert Robert Phipps was asked for his opinion on the couple’s pictures taken at the festival.
“I am convinced they are not happy,” he said.
“In most of the snaps Brad is not really smiling and Angelina is only smiling in a few.
“We hardly see teeth in these smiles, which means they are not genuinely feeling comfortable. They both seem to be staging their appearance for the camera, especially Angelina, who does not look natural at all.
“They seem a little anxious, almost possessive of each other, but never at the same time.
“They take it in turns to hold one another and never look completely on the same level, which suggests distance and mis-communication.
“Brad also has his hand in his pocket in most of the shots, which means he’s not totally on board with the red-carpet night.
“The whole show suggests they are uncomfortable, with things on their mind, but this could be a by-product of the event itself,” he added. (ANI)
- Brad, Angelina to wed by autumn? - Mar 15, 2012
- Jolie's spiritual help for wedding date - Jun 10, 2012
- Brangelina appear together at awards ceremony - Feb 02, 2010
- Pitt, Jolie opt out of Golden Globe Awards - Jan 13, 2010
- Pitt's proposal left Jolie in tears - Apr 19, 2012
- Brangelina to miss Golden Globe Awards? - Jan 14, 2010
- Brangelina enjoy "affectionate" night out in LA - Feb 01, 2010
- Pitt's parents moving in with him? - Feb 22, 2011
- Brangelina to marry in Britain - Jun 26, 2012
- Kids ask about marriage more and more: Brad Pitt (Lead, Changing intro) - Jul 30, 2011
- Kids ask about marriage more and more: Brad Pitt - Jul 30, 2011
- Kids thrilled over Brangelina's engagement - Apr 16, 2012
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to adopt again ? - Nov 28, 2011
- Pitt, Jolie are together! - Feb 01, 2010
- Brangelina to put on a 'still together show' at Oscars - Feb 07, 2010
Tags: angelina jolie, awkwardness, basterds, body language, brad and angelina, brad pitt and angelina, brad pitt and angelina jolie, brangelina, busy careers, cannes film festival, expert robert, happier times, hollywood couple, language expert, pitt and angelina, pitt and angelina jolie, red carpet, relationship trouble, robert phipps, united front