Brangelina to battle ex bodyguard over tell all bookApril 27th, 2009 - 12:41 pm ICT by ANI
New York, April 27 (ANI): Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt are drawing plans to combat their former bodyguard, who is planning to pen his experiences while working with the couple.
The pair is said to be furious that Mickey Brett, with whom they once entrusted their lives and those of their kids, was planning to bring their private lives into the public domain with a tell all book.
The two have roped in top lawyers in the US and the UK to keep Brett from spilling the beans.
Their American litigator Marty Singer dubbed Brett as a “pathological liar” who held a history of legal troubles.
According to Singer, Brett was banned from entering the US after lying to Immigration officials, and had even fooled his former celebrity employers into believing that he was a British SAS commando while in fact he had never served in the military.
He said Brett was also interrogated in the murder of British tycoon Donald Urquhart in 1993 though he was later cleared, and had been taken into custody for attacking a restaurant owner in Namibia in 2006.
Singer continued that Brett, who had been convicted 11 times for several crimes, was bound by a confidentiality agreement over his book and TV proposals.
He added that Brett had said that he never inked the pitches and that his ghost writer, Robin McGibbon, embellished many of the stories, a claim denied by McGibbon.
“Our client disputes what has apparently been said by Mr. Singer, but is not in a position to comment further at this stage,” the New York Daily News quoted Brett’s attorneys as saying. (ANI)
- Travolta in legal trouble over alleged gay encounters - Jun 23, 2012
- Sacha Baron Cohen: 'Hugo is a work of art' - Nov 28, 2011
- British commandos wanted to abduct Rommel: War diary - Sep 23, 2011
- McGrath has most World Cup records (Statistics, World Cup Countdown) - Feb 07, 2011
- US teacher accused of having sex with teen student - Mar 23, 2011
- Rare MJ portrait up for grabs online - Apr 08, 2010
- Charlie Sheen threatens to sue strip club - May 02, 2012
- Ernest Borgnine Honored With SAG Lifetime Achievement Award - Jan 31, 2011
- Leeza Gibbons gets married - Apr 22, 2011
- Top Gear mystery man 'The Stig' is former SAS member - Sep 02, 2010
- Hey mom, it's Mr Bean up there! - Oct 29, 2011
- Jessie J wore Falguni-Shane creation at Diamond Jubilee celebration (With Images) - Jun 07, 2012
- Robbie Williams reveals love for painting - Apr 14, 2011
- Son of New York City mobster Mickey Spillane dies - Jul 11, 2010
- TV actor Manish Paul turns con man for debut movie - Jul 20, 2012
Tags: angelina jolie, angelina jolie and brad, angelina jolie and brad pitt, bodyguard, brangelina, british sas, confidentiality agreement, donald urquhart, ghost writer, immigration officials, jolie and brad pitt, legal troubles, litigator, new york daily news, pathological liar, private lives, restaurant owner, sas commando, singer brett, york daily news