Brangelina shun posh eateries for pre-Bafta meal at Indian curry houseFebruary 10th, 2009 - 5:30 pm ICT by ANI
London, February 10 (ANI): Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie were said to have given a cold shoulder to Londons posh restaurants to enjoy a meal at a local curry house just before the BAFTA ceremony.
The couple, who were staying at the Dorchester hotel on Park Lane, had apparently ditched the Alain Ducasse restaurant to dine at the Noor Jahan, an Indian restaurant in South Kensington.
According to Shauyab Ahmed, part-owner of the restaurant, the pair were later joined by their celebrity friends Claudia Schiffer, her director hubby Matthew Vaughn and actor Robert Downey Junior.
“They booked a table for 12 at 7.30pm and were a bit late arriving, but that was OK. The other customers loved it and were very happy to see them,” the Telegraph quoted Ahmed as saying.
It was further alleged that the A-listers feasted on vegetable samosas, tandoori lamb chops and the house special, lamb passanda a Vaughn favourite, who apparently recommended the 40-seat restaurant.
Ahmed added: “Matthew comes in here all the time with Claudia. He loves the lamb passanda, he always has that. Brad and Angelina seemed to love the food, too. They ate it all.” (ANI)
- It's a baby girl for Claudia Schiffer, Matthew Vaughn - May 16, 2010
- Russian man claims that he is the father of Claudia Schiffer's child - Dec 15, 2011
- Pregnant Claudia Schiffer blasted for drinking - Mar 27, 2010
- Vaughn not father of January Jones' unborn child - May 29, 2011
- Claudia Schiffer becomes mother for third time - May 16, 2010
- Claudia Schiffer Has A Baby Girl - May 16, 2010
- Claudia Schiffer pregnant with third child - Jan 16, 2010
- Steel magnate's birthday bash in French Alps draws frowns - Dec 18, 2010
- Supermodel Claudia makes fashion faux pas - Nov 05, 2010
- No more kids for Claudia Schiffer - Sep 11, 2010
- Supermodel Claudia Schiffer gives birth to a daughter - May 16, 2010
- Pregnant Claudia Schiffer poses nude for mag - May 11, 2010
- Matthew Vaughn to direct the next X-Men movie? - May 06, 2010
- Matthew Vaughn to direct X-Men: First Class - May 05, 2010
- Jolie-Pitt marriage not soon - Aug 21, 2012
Tags: alain ducasse restaurant, angelina jolie, brad and angelina, brad pitt and angelina, brad pitt and angelina jolie, brangelina, celebrity friends, dorchester hotel, indian curry, lamb chops, matthew vaughn, noor jahan, pitt and angelina, pitt and angelina jolie, posh restaurants, robert downey, robert downey junior, seat restaurant, south kensington, vegetable samosas