Brangelina expected to settle privacy claimJuly 22nd, 2010 - 5:53 pm ICT by ANI
London, July 22 (ANI): Hollywood couple Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie are due to settle their privacy claim against the News of the World.
The two are not expected to attend the brief hearing at London’s High Court before Justice Eady.
In February, their solicitors, Schillings, said they had launched proceedings against News Group Newspapers Ltd over false allegations published in January.
These claimed the couple had visited a divorce lawyer in December 2009 to begin thrashing out a deal and had concluded an agreement dividing their 205 million pounds joint assets and providing for custody and visitation rights for their six children.
The lawyers said the publication constituted a serious misuse of private information.
“In this case we can confirm unequivocally, and upon instructions, that the allegations published by the News of the World are false as well as intrusive,” the Independent quoted the lawyer as saying. (ANI)
- Pitt, Jolie win damages over 'false' split reports - Jul 22, 2010
- Brangelina sue Brit newspaper over divorce allegation - Feb 09, 2010
- Brangelina win privacy damages - Jul 22, 2010
- Brad Pitt & Angelina Jolie sue British paper over the split claims - Feb 09, 2010
- Tabloid Sued Over Brangelina Split Reports - Feb 09, 2010
- Brangelina Awarded Damages - Jul 23, 2010
- Brangelina Accept Damages From Tabloid That Claimed Split - Jul 24, 2010
- Pitt, Jolie not heading splitsway, claims friend - Jan 26, 2010
- Jolie, Pitt not adopting Haitian child - Feb 12, 2011
- Brad Pitt hopes that his ex Jennifer Aniston would forget him & move on with her life - Mar 15, 2010
- Brad Pitt puts his Malibu beach house on the market - Aug 23, 2011
- Brad Pitt to produce biopic on Marilyn Monroe - Jun 05, 2012
- Pitt, Jolie busy doing karaoke - May 29, 2012
- Brangelina buy 10 mn pounds house - May 03, 2012
- Angelina Jolie says that Brad Pitt is strict with kids - Mar 05, 2012
Tags: angelina jolie, assets, brad pitt, brad pitt and angelina, brad pitt and angelina jolie, brangelina, divorce lawyer, eady, false allegations, group newspapers ltd, hollywood, hollywood couple, lawyers, news group, news of the world, pitt and angelina, pitt and angelina jolie, proceedings, solicitors, visitation rights