Brangelina Awarded Damages

July 23rd, 2010 - 7:08 pm ICT by Sampurn Wire  

July 23, 2010 (Sampurn Wire): In recent news, the dashing Hollywood couple Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie acknowledged an unrevealed quantity of damages this Thursday after they sued a UK based tabloid newspaper that had earlier printed news about their separation.

In the month of January, the News of the World, a UK based tabloid said that the couple were planning to part and had settled on the custody of their six children. They supposedly also had decided about the splitting up of their assets which stands at an estimated 205 million pounds or about 310 million US Dollars.

The couple strongly protested these rumors and also demanded a withdrawal of the story along with an apology.

Keith Schilling, the Solicitor-advocate told the London High Court, that News of the World acknowledged that each of the allegations was baseless, false, and invasive.

The newspaper has agreed to put out an apology and also pay the couple of the costs and damages. The couple wishes to put all that money in the charity the Jolie-Pitt Foundation.

– Sampurn Wire

Related Stories

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Posted in Entertainment |

Subscribe