Brand wanted children with PerryJuly 19th, 2012 - 5:20 pm ICT by IANS
Los Angeles, July 19 (IANS) British comedian Russell Brand says he had plans of a happy family with children with ex-wife Katy Perry.
“She’s young, successful and dedicated. I was really into the idea of marriage and having children,” Brand said on a radio show.
The comedian still loves and cares about Perry.
“She’s a good person, I’ve got nothing but love for her. I loved her so much, it just seemed like the sensible thing to do … I just loved her so much,” the 37-year-old said.
“This isn’t really working out, it’s a difficult situation … I was really, really in love with her, but it was difficult to see each other … We were together when it was right to be together, and when it wasn’t we worked it out … It was a lovely relationship … it mostly didn’t work for practical reasons … We did work it out, she’s happy, I’m happy,” he added.
The two got married in October 2010 in India and separated after 14 months.
Their divorce was finalised at the weekend.
- Brand feels responsibility towards Perry - Jul 24, 2012
- Russell Brand still loves Katy - May 19, 2012
- Meditation makes Brand happier - Jun 21, 2012
- Marriage with Perry had worked: Brand - Jun 14, 2012
- Katy Perry still believes in marriage - Jun 22, 2012
- Katy Perry wants to have babies - Feb 09, 2011
- Brand, Halliwell part ways? - Sep 04, 2012
- Brand takes a dig at Perry - Jul 18, 2012
- Katy Perry turns to Hindu meditation - May 11, 2011
- Brand's nightout with brunette - Feb 16, 2012
- Russell, Perry divorcing over baby issue? - Jan 02, 2012
- Brand dating Hasselhoff's ex - May 03, 2012
- Perry dated Mayer before Brand - Aug 15, 2012
- Perry splits from Mayer? - Aug 24, 2012
- Perry, Brand hope to start charity - Dec 24, 2010