Brand regrets not helping WinehouseAugust 13th, 2012 - 7:05 am ICT by IANS
Los Angeles, Aug 13 (IANS) British comedian Russell Brand regrets not helping singer Amy Winehouse battle drug addiction, which led to her death.
The 37-year-old actor is known to have a history of addiction to drugs and heroin, but escaped the addiction and is going strong for almost a decade.
“I got clean at the age of 27, the age Amy was when she died. Amy’s death was a paradoxical unsurprising shock. I felt like I could have done something to help to give her the chance I had,” thesun.co.uk quoted Brand as saying.
“When she died, it was this feeling of, ‘Agh, I knew that was going to happen.’ And I had this flickering sense that I should have done something about that. I feel a bit guilty that there was nothing I did,” he added.
Winehouse died due to alcohol intoxication July 23, 2011.
- Brand to make documentary on drugs - Apr 08, 2012
- Russell Brand still battles drug cravings - Aug 05, 2012
- Winehouse reincarnated as butterfly, believes mom - Jul 10, 2012
- Perry grateful Brand free of heroin addiction - Jul 26, 2011
- Winehouse's Camden house up for sale - May 31, 2012
- Katy Perry amongst MTV VMA winners - Aug 29, 2011
- I was darker than alcoholic Arthur: Russell Brand - Feb 27, 2011
- We did our best to save Amy: Mitch Winehouse - Jul 09, 2012
- Meditation makes Brand happier - Jun 21, 2012
- Brand, Halliwell bond over yoga - Aug 29, 2012
- Fielder-Civil to visit Winehouse's grave for first time - Sep 03, 2012
- Winehouse knew she was dying: Bennett - Oct 02, 2011
- Who will play Winehouse? - Aug 17, 2011
- Winehouse's ex-husband hospitalised - Aug 10, 2012
- Mitch Winehouse in shock over Amy's death - Jul 02, 2012