Brand refused Perry’s plea to save marriageJanuary 23rd, 2012 - 4:03 am ICT by IANS
Los Angeles, Jan 23 (IANS) Comedian Russell Brand refused a plea by estranged wife Katy Perry for a last attempt to save their marriage.
The singer asked Brand to meet her in Los Angeles this week and suggested counselling instead of continuing divorce proceedings. But the 36-year-old actor told his wife they should move on from their 14-month marriage and stay friends, reports mirror.co.uk.
“Her girlfriends are apparently organising a ‘newly single’ party for her but she doesn’t really like the idea. She has been quite down. She really thought she could sort it out with Russell,” said a source close to the 27-year-old Perry.
“Even with the divorce papers being served, she was convinced that a meeting could make him realise why they fell in love,” the source added.
Brand filed divorce papers Dec 30, citing irreconcilable differences.
- Russell, Katy to meet after split - Jan 16, 2012
- Perry wants Brand back - Apr 18, 2012
- Katy Perry thanks fans for support - Jan 09, 2012
- Perry dated Mayer before Brand - Aug 15, 2012
- Perry plans healing holiday - Jul 19, 2012
- Brand's nightout with brunette - Feb 16, 2012
- Brand takes a dig at Perry - Jul 18, 2012
- Russell Brand dating again - Jan 27, 2012
- Brand wanted children with Perry - Jul 19, 2012
- Brand dating Hasselhoff's ex - May 03, 2012
- Perry unfollows Brand on Twitter - Jan 22, 2012
- Brand to give Perry their $6.5 mn marital home - Apr 03, 2012
- Brand, Halliwell part ways? - Sep 04, 2012
- Perry meditates to beat stress - Jul 05, 2012
- Meditation makes Brand happier - Jun 21, 2012