Brand, Perry to sit on ornate wedding thronesOctober 23rd, 2010 - 1:34 pm ICT by IANS
London, Oct 23 (IANS) British comedian Russell Brand and fiancee Katy Perry have chosen to sit on giant ornate thrones for their wedding this weekend at a resort near India’s Ranthambore national park in Rajasthan, reports say.
When they tried out the thrones, Katy and Russell are said to have “burst out laughing”, reports femalefirst.co.uk.
“They are very much keeping to Indian tradition. There will be feasting and dancing. And Katy will be painted head-to-toe in henna tattoos,” said a source.
Rajasthan Tours manager Mohan Singh, whose company is helping to organise the event, confirmed that both Russell, 35, and 25-year-old Katy want a traditional wedding.
“This would be a colourful Rajasthan wedding, and both Brand and Perry will be attired in Indian wedding attires,” he said.
Singh also revealed that Katy and Russell will be staying in a luxury tent at the Aman-i-Khas resort, just outside the sanctuary, with guests staying at the nearby Vanyavilas and Sher Bagh resorts.
- Russell Brand, Katy Perry to marry sitting on giant thrones - Oct 22, 2010
- Katy Perry, Russell Brand's wedding guests to go on tiger tour? - Oct 22, 2010
- Katy-Russell at resort near Ranthambore for engagement - Oct 20, 2010
- Move to shield wildlife from Katy-Russell wedding - Oct 23, 2010
- Russel Brand, Katy Perry: Guests To Visit Wildlife Sanctuary - Oct 23, 2010
- Russell Brand sports Indian henna tattoo - Oct 23, 2010
- Russell Brand – Katy Perry Declared Man And Wife - Oct 26, 2010
- Russell Brand To Arrive On White Horse To Wed Fiancé Katy Perry - Oct 23, 2010
- Russell Brand – Katy Perry Break Their Three Week Sex Ban Post Wedding - Oct 26, 2010
- Russell Brand gets bullock as wedding gift - Nov 01, 2010
- Russell Brand and Katy Perry to tie knot in Hindu rituals - Oct 15, 2010
- Brand, Perry dragged to court for flouting wildlife laws - Oct 26, 2010
- Perry to wear traditional Indian jewellery in wedding - Oct 21, 2010
- Russell Brand ties the knot with Katy Perry in big, fat Indian jungle wedding - Oct 24, 2010
- Mandap, flowers...Katy-Russell set for weekend wedding near Ranthambore - Oct 22, 2010
Tags: bagh, british comedian, colourful, comedian russell, fiancee, India, indian tradition, indian wedding, london, luxury tent, mohan singh, ranthambore national park, russell brand, sanctuary, tattoos, traditional wedding, vanyavilas, wedding attires