Brand, Perry dragged to court for flouting wildlife lawsOctober 26th, 2010 - 4:39 pm ICT by IANS
Jaipur, Oct 26 (IANS) A complaint was registered Tuesday at a Ranthambore court against British comedian Russell Brand, singer Katy Perry and four others for flouting environmental laws during the couple’s wedding celebrations.
According to Akshay Sharma, an advocate who filed the complaint, Perry, Brand and four of their friends, had gone on a safari inside the Ranthmabore National Park Oct 24, the day after their marriage ceremony, where they smoked, drank and carried weapons with them.
“They disturbed the wildlife in the park,” he alleged.
“Inspite of wildlife laws being violated by Katy Perry, Russell Brand, their guests and the hotel administration, the district administration and forest department did not take any action,” Sharma said.
They also played loud music in their luxury resort, adjoining the national park, Oct 23 and 24, he said in the complaint.
The complainant said various sections of the Indian Wildlife (Protection) Act were violated.
Perry and Brand, who married Oct 23 at Aman-i-Khas luxury resort near Ranthambore, left for Male for their honeymoon Monday.
The court of chief judicial magistrate in Sawai Madhopur is slated to hear the case Oct 30.
- Move to shield wildlife from Katy-Russell wedding - Oct 23, 2010
- Indian hotel charged with violating noise laws during Brand-Perry wedding - Nov 01, 2010
- Katy-Russell at resort near Ranthambore for engagement - Oct 20, 2010
- Mandap, flowers...Katy-Russell set for weekend wedding near Ranthambore - Oct 22, 2010
- Brand, Perry to sit on ornate wedding thrones - Oct 23, 2010
- Russell Brand and Katy Perry to tie knot in Hindu rituals - Oct 15, 2010
- Russell Brand gets bullock as wedding gift - Nov 01, 2010
- Russell Brand, Katy Perry to marry sitting on giant thrones - Oct 22, 2010
- Katy Perry's father praises Russell Brand - Nov 24, 2010
- Perry to wear traditional Indian jewellery in wedding - Oct 21, 2010
- Russell Brand – Katy Perry Break Their Three Week Sex Ban Post Wedding - Oct 26, 2010
- Katy Perry, Russell Brand's wedding guests to go on tiger tour? - Oct 22, 2010
- Brand-Perry break 3-week sex ban post wedding - Oct 25, 2010
- Katy Perry's Wild Indian Wedding! - Oct 25, 2010
- Kate, Russell get uninvited guest -- a tiger - Oct 25, 2010
Tags: advocate, british comedian, comedian russell, complainant, district administration, environmental laws, forest department, honeymoon, hotel administration, indian wildlife, judicial magistrate, loud music, luxury resort, marriage ceremony, oct 30, russell brand, safari, wedding celebrations, wildlife laws, wildlife protection act