Brand in trouble?July 26th, 2012 - 8:44 am ICT by IANS
Los Angeles, July 26 (IANS)British comedian Russell Brand will be soon prosecuted following an incident in March when he threw a photographer’s phone through a window.
The 37-year-old had thrown the cellphone of the paparazzo and had turned himself in to police, shortly after the incident which took place in New Orleans.
If convicted, Brand might have to face prison for six months, reports tmz.com.
The comedian previously brushed off the allegations by making a joke about the incident on his Twitter page.
“Since Steve Jobs died I cannot bear to see anyone use an iPhone irreverently, what I did was a tribute to his memory,” Brand wrote.
- Arrest warrant issued for Russell Brand after he tossed an iPhone out of the window - Mar 15, 2012
- Arrest warrant against Russell Brand - Mar 16, 2012
- Brand to fight against phone-tossing charges - Mar 19, 2012
- Brand glad to do community service - Aug 01, 2012
- Brand still carries Perry's tattoo - Mar 31, 2012
- 'iPhone' gas burners seized in China - Feb 25, 2012
- Brown accused of stealing mobile phone - Feb 24, 2012
- Brand to give Perry their $6.5 mn marital home - Apr 03, 2012
- Russell Brand in custody after citizen's arrest - Sep 18, 2010
- iPhone Murdered By Whoopi - Jul 19, 2010
- Brand wants to be a vicar - Jul 20, 2012
- Lohan's dad defends daughter over bar spat - Apr 22, 2012
- Russell Brand victim of death hoax - Aug 28, 2012
- Windows 8 for PCs, tablets next year - May 24, 2011
- Rob Kardashian arrested, released - Mar 26, 2012