‘Brahma Deva’ a drab reincarnation-revenge drama (Tamil Film Review)May 17th, 2009 - 4:11 pm ICT by IANS
Film: “Brahma Deva”; Director: Dharmalinga; Cast: Dr. Ram, Sanjay, Tejashree Music Director: Muthuraja; Cinematographer: N. Ramesh Kumar; Rating: *
“Brahma Deva” is yet another reincarnation-revenge drama and director Dharmalinga has used decades’ old method to narrate it.
If that wasn’t enough, the audience has to contend with the double role of an expressionless Dr. Ram.
An orphan Essha (Dr Ram) is monetarily supported by the parents of a friend Ezhil (Sanjay) to manage their huge real estate. As soon as she takes charge, a series of murders take place and there is no evidence, which leaves the cops groping in the dark. Finally police officer Dravidan (Livingston) decides to investigate the matter.
And they find the reason behind the murders after a botched attempt to kill Ezhil. Soon the ’suspense’ is unravelled.
Through a flashback, the audience is told that in his previous birth as a college student Brahma, Essha had the mortification of seeing his college-mate girlfriend Sampangi (Tejashree) die after being gang-raped by Ezhil and others - all earlier incarnations.
Through her dying gasps, Sampangi informs her beau the identity of her tormentors necessitating the rebirths to avenge her.
The film is a complete waste of time, money, effort and raw stock as all other performances, music, direction, technique and cinematography are way below par.
- Trio rearrested over Indian millionaire Muthuraja's death - Sep 26, 2010
- Missing Indian millionaire's siblings looking for answers in Malaysia - Sep 29, 2010
- Missing Indian entrepreneur Muthuraja's family believes he is still alive - Sep 19, 2010
- Unscrupulous people nixing search for missing Indian millionaire in Malaysia, claims brother - Sep 27, 2010
- Missing Indian millionaire's brothers to seek higher authority over Malaysian police's foul play - Oct 01, 2010
- Two held in Malaysia for trying to extort money from Indian - Sep 19, 2010
- Indian lawyer missing after meeting friends in Malaysia - Sep 14, 2010
- Missing Malay-Indian businessman's second wife accuses in-laws of 'coveting' his wealth - Sep 25, 2010
- Indian lawyer missing in Malaysia since January - Sep 14, 2010
- Missing Indian 'confirmed dead' in Malaysia - Sep 27, 2010
- Chennai-based Wife of Indian lawyer millionaire missing in Malaysia claims she's broke - Sep 17, 2010
- Newcomers disappoint in 'Jotheyaagi Hithavaagi' (Kannada Movie Review) - Jun 27, 2010
- Missing Indian millionaire's second wife plays recording of demand for ransom - Sep 24, 2010
- Prabhu Deva to launch Virat Kohli in movies? - Jul 23, 2012
- Sonakshi guarded about 'Rowdy Rathore' sequel - Jun 23, 2012
Tags: cinematographer, cinematography, complete waste of time, dravidan, flashback, money effort, mortification, murders, music direction, music director, orphan, performances music, police officer, raw stock, reincarnation, revenge drama, sanjay, tejashree, time money, waste of time