Brad Pitt’s makeup artist does scary job on Sonu SoodApril 24th, 2009 - 8:58 am ICT by IANS
By Subhash K. Jha
Mumbai, April 24 (IANS) Sonu Sood has just finished shooting for “City Of Life” made by UAE filmmaker Ali Mostafa. A major part of the film requires the Bollywood actor to be badly disfigured and the makeup artist chosen to bring about half-mutilated face was none other than Jean Ann Black, who worked on Brad Pitt’s face in “The Curious Case of Benjamin Button”.
The actor is all praise for Ann Black.
“Actually half the face of my character gets mutilated. I couldn’t believe it when I saw what miracle had been worked by the makeup artist. I was horrified to see my own face in the mirror,” Sonu told IANS.
Sonu, who was recently seen in films like “Singh Is Kinng”, “Jodhaa Akbar” and “Ek Vivaah… Aisa Bhi”, has just finished shooting for “City Of Life” in Dubai with Alexandra Maria Lara.
“What she did to my face was stunning and shocking. My makeup used to take three-four hours every morning. I had to sit patiently as 50 percent of my face disappeared under makeup - literally. And then there were these special lenses not just for the cornea but the entire eye which gave it a scary clotted eye.”
Sonu is glad his little son wasn’t with him.
“He’d have got really frightened. I did when I saw myself. People who’ve seen what she has done can’t believe the transformation. They say the makeup artist has done as good a job on my face as she did with Brad Pitt,” said Sonu.
And to further complete the Brad-Benjamin Button picture Sonu even has the actor who played Brad’s father in the film as his co-star.
“Jason Fleming who played Brad Pitt’s father in ‘Benjamin Button’ plays the villain in ‘City Of Life’,” he said.
(Subhash K. Jha can be contacted at email@example.com)
- Brad Pitt's Benjamin Button Makeup Artiste Does Sonu Sood's Mutilated-Face Look In International Project - Apr 23, 2009
- Bollywood in shock, says government must wake up - Jul 16, 2011
- Big B on his first Hollywood venture - Sep 10, 2011
- Dev Anand was stylish and well-read: Vyjayanthimala - Dec 06, 2011
- Sonu Sood banned from doing villain roles until 'Dabangg 2' - Feb 04, 2011
- Kids ask about marriage more and more: Brad Pitt (Lead, Changing intro) - Jul 30, 2011
- Kids ask about marriage more and more: Brad Pitt - Jul 30, 2011
- Katrina changes birthday plans for Zoya's film - Jul 15, 2010
- Brad Pitt wants more comedy - Oct 10, 2011
- Pitt, Damon were rough on me: Clooney - Sep 24, 2011
- My Kashmir film has found its audience: Sanjay Kak (Interview, With Image) - Feb 15, 2012
- Presenting Akshay Kumar, the bowler - May 09, 2010
- Jolie defends her tattoos - Sep 18, 2010
- 'Bhaag Milkha Bhaag': Scripting the amazing Milkha Singh story - May 12, 2010
- Brad Pitt's 'The Tree Of Life' booed at Cannes - May 18, 2011
Tags: alexandra maria lara, april 24, bhi, bollywood actor, brad pitt, co star, cornea, curious case of benjamin button, ek, face in the mirror, filmmaker, jason fleming, jodhaa akbar, life in dubai, makeup artist, mumbai, sonu sood, special lenses, subhash k jha, villain