Brad Pitt’s Benjamin Button Makeup Artiste Does Sonu Sood’s Mutilated-Face Look In International ProjectApril 23rd, 2009 - 7:09 pm ICT by Sampurn Wire
By Subhash K Jha
The bonds between Bollywood and Hollywood just got a bit of a boost.
Sonu Sood has just finished shooting an international project Ali Mustafa’s City Of Life in Dubai with Alexandra Maria Lara the leading lady of Francis Ford Coppola’s latest film Youth For Youth .
A major part of the film requires Sood to be badly disfigured after a road accident.
Says the actor, “Actually half of my chraacter’s face gets mutilated. I couldn’t believe it when I saw what miracle had been worked by the makeup artiste. I was horrified to see my own face in the mirror.”
The makeup artiste chosen to bring about Sonu Sood’s half-mutilated face was none other than Jean Ann Black the makeup artiste for Brad Pitt in The Curious Case of Benjamin Franklin.
Just back after completing the film in Dubai Sonu Sood says, “What she did to my face was stunning and shocking. My makeup used to take 3-4 hours every morning. I had to sit patiently as 50 percent of my face disappeared under makeup—literally. And then there were these special lenses not just for the cornea but the entire eye which gave it a scary clotted eye.”
Sonu Sood is glad his little son wasn’t with him to see his dad transform so shockingly. “He’d have got really frightened. I did when I saw myself. People who’ve seen what she has done can’t believe the transformation. They say the makeup artiste has done as good a job on my face as she did with Brad Pitt.”
And to further complete the Brad-Benjamin Button picture Sonu even has the actor who played Brad’s father in the film as his costar.
Says Sood, “Jason Fleming who played Brad Pitt’s father in Benjamin Button plays the villain in City Of Life.” -Sampurn Media
- Brad Pitt's makeup artist does scary job on Sonu Sood - Apr 24, 2009
- Brad Pitt wants more comedy - Oct 10, 2011
- Sonu Sood denies being part of 'Dabangg 2' - Jan 10, 2012
- Kids ask about marriage more and more: Brad Pitt (Lead, Changing intro) - Jul 30, 2011
- Kids ask about marriage more and more: Brad Pitt - Jul 30, 2011
- Wish I could've been part of 'Dabangg 2': Sonu Sood - Jan 26, 2012
- Big B leaves Sonu Sood numb on sets - Apr 03, 2011
- I'm super excited to play Dawood Ibrahim: Sonu Sood - Apr 18, 2012
- Sonu Sood banned from doing villain roles until 'Dabangg 2' - Feb 04, 2011
- Why is Sonu not in 'Dabangg 2'? - Oct 26, 2011
- This is the time for action films, says Sonu Sood - Jun 19, 2012
- Brangelina's kids don't find them cool - Dec 09, 2011
- Sonu Sood finds boxing unsafe for actors - Feb 06, 2012
- Imtiaz Ali was offered lead in 'Dekh India Circus' (Movie Snippets) - May 28, 2012
- Behind Bollywood's grease paint, the untold story (This is the fourth in a series by IANS on Bollywood's behind-the-scenes people) - Apr 11, 2011
Tags: alexandra maria lara, benjamin franklin, bollywood, brad pitt, cornea, costar, curious case, face in the mirror, francis ford coppola, jason fleming, leading lady, life in dubai, makeup artiste, mdash, mustafa, road accident, sonu sood, special lenses, subhash, villain