Brad Pitt supports gay marriageJuly 8th, 2011 - 1:40 am ICT by IANS
London, July 8 (IANS) Actor Brad Pitt supports the New York state’s decision to legalise same-sex marriage, and says every American should have the right to marry whoever they want.
Pitt raises six children - Maddox, nine; Pax, seven; Zahara, six; Shiloh, five; and two-year-old twins Knox and Vivienne - with partner Angelina Jolie.
“It is encouraging that New York has joined the movement to grant equal marriage rights to its citizens. But it is each American’s Constitutional right to marry the person they love, no matter what state they inhabit,” contactmusic.com quoted the 47-year-old actor as saying.
“No state should decide who can marry and who cannot. Thanks to the tireless work of so many, someday soon this discrimination will end and every American will be able to enjoy their equal right to marriage,” he added.
- Brad Pitt set to marry Angelina Jolie? - May 30, 2011
- Pitt under pressure to marry - Sep 23, 2011
- Kids tell Pitt, Jolie to settle down - Sep 22, 2011
- Brangelina's son taking pilot lessons - Feb 07, 2012
- Raising six kids tougher than action stunts: Pitt - Sep 08, 2012
- Jolie not planning for more kids - Jun 05, 2011
- Brangelina have nicknames for each other - Sep 08, 2012
- Brad wants to get married (Lead) - Jan 27, 2012
- Pitt's parenting woes - Nov 20, 2011
- Enjoy every moment of motherhood, Jolie tells new moms - Jan 20, 2011
- Pitt to buy mini motorbikes for kids - Jun 16, 2012
- Brangelina enrol children for French lessons - Aug 18, 2010
- Jolie plans Africa trip with kids - Aug 01, 2011
- Jolie wants to raise kids as individuals - Dec 06, 2010
- Pitt wants more kids - Oct 23, 2011
Tags: actor brad pitt, angelina jolie, brad pitt, citizens, constitutional right, discrimination, equal marriage, equal right, gay marriage, maddox, marriage, marriage rights, matter what state, new york state, pax, same sex marriage, shiloh, tireless work, twins, vivienne