Brad Pitt splashes out $1m on paintingJune 11th, 2009 - 3:08 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, June 11 (ANI): Hollywood heartthrob Brad Pitt has bought a painting at an international art show for almost 1 million dollars.
The ‘Inglourious Basterds’ star was among bidders at Art Basel, a show featuring modern and contemporary works in Basel, Switzerland.
Pitt initially walked away from the Neo Rauch oil painting after pondering the purchase for several minutes, according to the Wall Street Journal.
The actor eventually returned moments later to drop 956,000 dollars for the nine-foot piece, entitled Etappe, reports Contactmusic.
The 1998 painting shows a swirling view of a driver behind a red racecar, with workers nearby carrying hoses. (ANI)
- Pitt shells out half million pounds for painting - Jun 14, 2009
- Prestigious Art Basel comes to Asia - May 08, 2012
- Pitt, Fassbender team up again - Oct 27, 2011
- Pitt's parents moving in with him? - Feb 22, 2011
- Brangelina appear together at awards ceremony - Feb 02, 2010
- Brad Pitt, Angelina Jolie 'not splitting' - Jan 25, 2010
- Brangelina to miss Golden Globe Awards? - Jan 14, 2010
- Pitt to do cameo in Jolie's directiorial venture? - Nov 17, 2010
- Pitt, Jolie's make out session on 'The Tourist' set - Feb 24, 2010
- Art Basel to feature over 250 galleries in Asian debut - Jun 07, 2012
- Brangelina's security nightmare over $25M art collection - Jul 06, 2009
- Pitt, Jolie opt out of Golden Globe Awards - Jan 13, 2010
- Brad Pitt raises voice against oil spill - Aug 24, 2010
- Inglourious Basterds rocks the box office - Sep 22, 2009
- Pitt, LaBeouf to star in 'Riptide'? - Jul 04, 2010
Tags: 1 million dollars, 1m, art basel, art show, basel switzerland, basterds, bidders, brad pitt, contemporary works, foot piece, hollywood, hollywood heartthrob, hoses, international art, neo rauch, oil painting, racecar, wall street, wall street journal