Brad Pitt out of film - because of his good looks!March 21st, 2009 - 1:02 am ICT by IANS
London, March 20 (IANS) Hollywood superstar Brad Pitt is out of upcoming movie “State of Play” as the director on hindsight felt he was too good-looking to play the role.
Pitt was originally to star in the big-screen thriller as a journalist but the actor quit during pre-production, citing concerns with the script, contactmusic.com reports.
“Gladiator” star Russell Crowe was roped in as a late replacement for Brad to star opposite actor Ben Affleck’s character of a Congressman in the film.
Director Kevin McDonald is convinced that Crowe’s rough features are more suited to the role.
“In a way, I was lucky it didn’t work out with Brad. The relationship between the journalist and the politician was meant to be between somebody who feels inferior, who’s a bit of a schlump, who kind of can’t get a girlfriend, and somebody he’s looking up to and admires his polished politician friend,” he said.
“That is not the dynamic of a Brad Pitt. He’s not looking up to anyone thinking ‘Oh, I wish I could have your girlfriend’,” he added.
- Looks can kill and more. - Mar 21, 2009
- Russell Crowe to star in 'Les Miserable' - Sep 10, 2011
- When Pitt and Depp looked far from the heartthrobs they are today - Dec 21, 2010
- Pitt to play John Lennon in biopic - Jan 07, 2011
- Williams ready to sleep with other men - Dec 30, 2011
- Emma Stone to play drug dealer - Jan 07, 2012
- What did Brad Pitt, Vin Diesel do before becoming showbiz bigwigs? - Sep 14, 2010
- Brad Pitt to produce biopic on Marilyn Monroe - Jun 05, 2012
- Russell Crowe to star in remake of 'The Equalizer' - Jun 17, 2010
- Relationships with Brad Pitt, Ben Affleck were 'strange': Gwyneth Paltrow - Dec 24, 2010
- Michael Sheen's next with Terrence Malick - Dec 30, 2011
- Brad Pitt set to marry Angelina Jolie? - May 30, 2011
- Jennifer Aniston rejected by 'Cougar Town' star Josh Hopkins? - Sep 30, 2010
- Brangelina enjoy day out with kids in New Orleans - Mar 21, 2011
- Crowe to play Superman's dad in 'Man of Steel'? - Jun 17, 2011
Tags: ben affleck, brad pitt, congressman, director kevin, film director, girlfriend, gladiator star, hindsight, hollywood, hollywood superstar, journalist, kevin mcdonald, london march, politician, relationship, russell crowe, schlump, star russell crowe, state of play, thriller