Brad Pitt happy to see people move back into New OrleansDecember 3rd, 2008 - 6:42 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, Dec 3 (ANI): Hollywood actor Brad Pitt has expressed his happiness on seeing people affected by Hurricane Katrina move into the homes he built in New Orleans, Louisiana.
The 2005 hurricane left the city devastated as thousands of homes were ruined and many people lost their lives.
In a bid to restructure the place, the Mr. and Mrs. Smith actor had put forward his support and helped rebuilt homes for the affected people.
Pitt and his charitable organization Make It Right Foundation have constructed 6 houses for people, who were rendered homeless by the hurricane, and is building two more properties with another 14 lined up to be built in 2009.
“I”m really happy for the families that are going to be here, but I can”t help but think about the families that aren”t. It’’s a push-pull for me. The excitement is that it’’s being proven, that it’’s working. The frustration is that we have a long way to go, Contactmusic quoted Pitt, as saying.
“You”re going to see 100 homes here, mark my words. It’’s nice to see a few, but I”m anxious to see 100, 150, 1,000. It’’s amazing. This place that suffered such injustice and so much death can become one of the primary examples of a high-performance neighborhood. It really is amazing, Pitt added. (ANI)
- Over a million homes without power in storm-hit US states - Aug 31, 2012
- Brad Pitt wants to expand New Orleans building project for homeless - May 21, 2009
- Brad Pitt returns to Katrina-hit New Orleans - Aug 28, 2010
- Brad Pitt Visits New Orleans - Aug 29, 2010
- Hundreds evacuated as storm floods homes in Bobby Jindal's state - Aug 30, 2012
- Brangelina want to settle down in New Orleans - Dec 09, 2008
- Brad Pitt to expand project for 'Katrina' victims - May 21, 2009
- Brad Pitt returns to New Orleans on 5th anniversary of Hurricane Katrina - Aug 28, 2010
- Britons come home after 36 years at sea - Feb 18, 2012
- Bobby Jindal skips Republican convention as storm looms - Aug 28, 2012
- Jindal defends Romney visit to Louisiana - Sep 01, 2012
- Over 150,000 without power in Bobby Jindal's Louisiana - Sep 03, 2012
- As hurricane hits home, Bobby Jindal takes charge - Aug 29, 2012
- New Orleans Still In The Rebuilding Process Five Years After Hurricane Katrina - Aug 29, 2010
- Brad Pitt thinks he won't make a good mayor - Aug 14, 2009
Tags: 2005 hurricane, actor brad pitt, brad pitt, charitable organization, excitement, frustration, happiness, high performance, hollywood, hollywood actor, injustice, mr and mrs, mr and mrs smith, neighborhood, new orleans louisiana, people affected by hurricane katrina, push pull, right foundation