Boyzone urge Daft Punk, Chemical Brothers to produce their new albumMarch 29th, 2009 - 1:22 pm ICT by ANI
London, March 29 (ANI): Boyzone are so desperate to change their sound that they have asked dance duos Daft Punk and the Chemical Brothers to produce their new album.
The Irish manband want to ditch the ballads in their next collection, and may be helped by the Brothers or the Punks.
“There are a couple of producers that I’d love to work with, in particular The Chemical Brothers and Daft Punk,” the Daily Star quoted Ronan Keating, 32, as saying.
“We did put it out there to Mark Ronson but he hasn’t got back to us. It would be so cool if he did it but I don’t think he will. The record company is chasing it up.
“This album isn’t going to be rushed. The problem at the moment is we’re still seen as a nostalgia act because we haven’t come back with a new album and made our mark yet.
“It’s going to be a very different album and it won’t be what people are expecting. It will be up-tempo and pop but not ballady.
“We want a new Boyzone, almost a reinvention, so we’re taking time to be disappointed. We’re still Boyzone and won’t forget that.
It’s trying to find a happy medium,” he added.
The band are presently writing their new songs in a Dublin studio.
The quintet’s new album will be recorded in Los Angeles, and the collection will later be mixed in London.
“It will be released in time for Christmas,” Ronan vowed.
Meanwhile, Boyzone are also preparing for a summer tour and have asked X Factor finalist Eoghan Quigg, 16, to support.
Ronan added: “It’s a fresh tour. There’s been money spent on it and we have brand new songs.”
He revealed: “Mikey’s lost a lot of weight and everyone’s trying really hard.” (ANI)
- Duffy dismisses Boyzone splitting rumours - Jun 14, 2011
- Boyzone to release new album this year - Apr 03, 2011
- Boyzone plans hologram of Stephen Gately - Feb 22, 2010
- Stephan Gately website launched on his first death anniversary - Oct 11, 2010
- Keating nervous about album release - Jan 16, 2012
- Recording new album was like therapy: Ronan Keating - Mar 03, 2010
- Ronan Keating, wife to move into new house - Dec 13, 2010
- Keating doesn't wish to spread heartache anymore - Aug 29, 2012
- Keating apologises for cheating on sleeve notes of new album - Nov 12, 2010
- Ronan Keating splits from wife? - Apr 02, 2012
- Ronan fondly remembers bandmate Stephen Gately - Oct 24, 2009
- Boyzone to release new album featuring Gately - Nov 01, 2009
- Boyzone to perform at Gately's funeral - Oct 16, 2009
- Boyzone to pay tribute to late band member - Nov 09, 2009
- Boyzone to release new track featuring Stephen Gately's vocals - Jan 19, 2010
Tags: ballads, boyzone, chemical brothers, daft punk, daily star, ditch, dublin studio, happy medium, london march, manband, mikey, new album, new songs, nostalgia, punks, quigg, quintet, reinvention, taking time, x factor