Boyzone to release new track featuring Stephen Gately’s vocalsJanuary 19th, 2010 - 5:47 pm ICT by ANI
London, January 19 (ANI): Boyzone is ready to release a new song featuring the vocals of their late bandmate Stephen Gately.
The track ‘Gave It All Away’, is scheduled be out on 1 March, which will be followed by a new album, Brother, on 8 March.
Gately, who died last year, sings the song’s opening lines: “I will learn to live before I die.”
However, singer Ronan Keating mentioned that the music video is “incredibly raw.”
It reportedly shows Gately and his band-members, intercut with newly-filmed scenes of the group writing letters to their “other brother”.
“It’s us reminiscing about the good times and the laughter,” the BBC News quoted Keating as saying.
He added: “There’s a nice scene of us four brothers sat around a table… with Stephen’s favourite picture hanging up behind us.
“Phil (Griffin, director) just filmed us fly-on-the-wall for that so it’s just us as we are.
“We wanted the footage to be as truthful and honest as possible based on how we were feeling and were reacting during the making of the video on that day.”
Keating added the band “didn’t want it being too mournful all the way through”.
The song was recorded in the summer of 2009. (ANI)
- Boyzone to pay tribute to late band member - Nov 09, 2009
- Boyzone to release new album featuring Gately - Nov 01, 2009
- Stephan Gately website launched on his first death anniversary - Oct 11, 2010
- Keating wants to live stress-free life - Sep 02, 2012
- Recording new album was like therapy: Ronan Keating - Mar 03, 2010
- Boyzone plans hologram of Stephen Gately - Feb 22, 2010
- Boyzone to release new album this year - Apr 03, 2011
- Ronan fondly remembers bandmate Stephen Gately - Oct 24, 2009
- Boyzone to perform at Gately's funeral - Oct 16, 2009
- Grief stricken Ronan Keating unsure about Boyzone tour - Nov 04, 2009
- Duffy dismisses Boyzone splitting rumours - Jun 14, 2011
- Thousands bid farewell to Boyzone singer Gately (Lead) - Oct 17, 2009
- Ronan Keating's emotional speech at Stephen Gately's funeral - Oct 19, 2009
- Grieving Boyzone members honour Gately with "76 - 09" tattoos - Oct 17, 2009
- Keating suffering panic attacks since Gately's death - Nov 16, 2009
Tags: band members, bbc, bbc news, boyzone, brother, fly, four brothers, good times, griffin, january 19, laughter, london, music video, new album, opening lines, ronan keating, singer ronan, stephen gately, writing letters