Boyle’s stay in rehab the scariestNovember 7th, 2010 - 5:27 am ICT by IANS
London, Nov 7 (IANS) Singer Susan Boyle has branded rehab as the “most frightening experience” of her life because she was cut off from her friends and family, banned from watching television and was unable to make any phone calls.
The Scottish singer checked into London clinic The Priory in 2009 shortly after coming second in TV contest “Britain’s Got Talent”. She was treated for exhaustion and insomnia at the rehab centre, but says she hated her time there because she found the clinic a cold and terrifying place.
“It was a bit of a scare, a scary time for me, being in a place like that. Although very therapeutic for some people, for people like me it was very scary. I thought I’ve nobody here I know, where’s my family? I just felt as though I’d been dumped, it was probably the most frightening experience I’d been through,” dailystar.co.uk quoted her as saying.
Boyle was also convinced her admission to rehab would destroy her dreams of a music career.
“I felt that the dream was over. A bit of a nightmare, but a turning point. For two days I was thinking about myself, what my position was, was I stable? I knew I was, I was just tired.”
- Susan Boyle brands rehab 'most frightening experience' of her life - Nov 06, 2010
- Emily Blunt wants to be part of circus - Mar 18, 2012
- Susan Boyle moving back to her childhood home - Apr 25, 2011
- Susan Boyle wants to sing duet with Rihanna - Nov 28, 2010
- Susan Boyle says post-breakdown rehab stint was necessary - Nov 18, 2009
- Susan Boyle to get honorary doctorate - Jun 30, 2012
- Megan Fox makes Broadway debut - Nov 17, 2011
- Jada Pinkett sacrificed music career for kids - Apr 05, 2011
- Boyle wants to duet with young pop singer - May 28, 2011
- Modern fame leads to rehab: Julia Roberts - Mar 28, 2012
- Susan Boyle forgives burglar for stealing her money - Dec 28, 2010
- Boyle opens up about her teen bullies - Oct 21, 2010
- Susan Boyle wants a duet with Paul McCartney - Nov 27, 2010
- Celine Dion goes topless - Aug 25, 2012
- Fergie wants to set up cancer charity - Aug 07, 2011
Tags: admission, britain s got talent, dreams, exhaustion, friends and family, insomnia, london clinic, music career, nightmare, priory, rehab centre, scare, scary time, scottish singer, susan boyle, turning point, tv contest, watching television