Boyle wins Best Director accolade at Directors Guild of America AwardsFebruary 2nd, 2009 - 2:30 pm ICT by ANI
London, February 2 (ANI): After the quadruple success at the Golden Globes and 10 Oscar nominations, Danny Boyle might as well add winner as his middle name, for the filmmaker has repeated his victory, this time at the Directors Guild of America Awards for his hit film Slumdog Millionaire.
The 52-year-old crushed competitors Ron Howard (Frost/Nixon), David Fincher (The Curious Case of Benjamin Button), Gus Van Sant (Milk) and Christopher Nolan (The Dark Knight) to bag The Best Director title.
Speaking at the recent Los Angeles ceremony, Boyle paid his gratitude to all those who supported him during the top project - which was initially meant for a DVD-only release.
“I should start by curiously thanking Warner Bros for actually having the grace to do the right thing, when I think it would have been a lot easier to do the wrong thing, and pass the film on to Fox Searchlight, who are an extraordinary bunch of people, the Daily Express quoted him as saying.
“To step into the shoes of people like the Coen brothers, it’’s phenomenal. I have stolen from them all my career, in a naked and appalling way,” he added.
The top achievers for the evening were as follows:
Outstanding Directorial Achievement in a Feature Film: Danny Boyle, Slumdog Millionaire
Outstanding Directorial Achievement in Movies for Television/Miniseries: Jay Roach, Recount
Outstanding Directorial Achievement in Dramatic Series Night: Dan Attias, The Wire
Outstanding Directorial Achievement in Comedy Series: Paul Feig, The Office
Outstanding Directorial Achievement in Musical Variety: Brent Gunts, the opening ceremony of the Beijing Olympics
Outstanding Directorial Achievement in a Reality Programme: Tony Croll, America’’s Next Top Model
Outstanding Directorial Achievement in Documentary: Ari Folman, Waltz With Bashir (ANI)
- Rahman wins Best Original Song Award in Los Angles - Jan 15, 2011
- Nominations for BAFTA 2009 Film Awards - Jan 15, 2009
- Boyle dating Dawson? - Aug 05, 2012
- 81st Annual Academy Awards nominations - Jan 22, 2009
- Rahman to rock Olympics with Punjabi beats! - Jun 30, 2012
- 'The King's Speech ' wins best film - Feb 28, 2011
- 'Slumdog Millionaire' receives Directors Guild Award - Feb 02, 2009
- Los Angeles set for big Oscar night - Feb 23, 2009
- Danny Boyle's '127 Hours' to close London Film Festival - Aug 14, 2010
- En route to Oscars, 'Slumdog Millionaire' sweeps BAFTA awards (Lead) - Feb 09, 2009
- List of Oscar nominees - Feb 21, 2009
- Boyle credits 'Slumdog Millionaire' success for '127 Hours' - Jan 10, 2011
- 'Inception', 'Social Network' bag Writers Guild awards - Feb 07, 2011
- The Oscars India will watch closely - Feb 22, 2009
- Danny Boyle unveils first look of '127 Hours' - Aug 13, 2010
Tags: beijing olympics, christopher nolan, coen brothers, comedy series, curious case of benjamin button, danny boyle, directors guild of america, directors guild of america awards, dramatic series, fox searchlight, golden globes, gunts, gus van sant, howard frost, jay roach, musical variety, outstanding directorial achievement, paul feig, television miniseries, top achievers