Boy George ecstatic over being clean for two yearsOctober 9th, 2010 - 4:47 pm ICT by ANI
London, Oct 9 (ANI): Boy George is ecstatic for having managed to stay sober and drug-free for more than two years.
The singer has insisted his decision to clean up is the “best thing” he’s ever done.
The former Culture Club singer vowed to tackle his drink and drug demons in 2008 after he was arrested for assault and false imprisonment following a bust-up with a male model at his London flat.
He admits strangers frequently offer him booze - but the Karma Chameleon hitmaker manages to resist temptation by looking at how his friends behave when they’re drunk.
“It’s the best thing I ever did. Once you have sort of made the decision to stop (it’s easy). It depends where it takes you. When you tell people you don’t drink, it freaks people out. They really try to make you drink. When you stop and see how it makes people behave, you think, ‘I’m so glad I am sober,’” the Daily Express quoted George as telling Loose Women. (ANI)
- We did our best to save Amy: Mitch Winehouse - Jul 09, 2012
- LiLo 'swears off going to clubs' - Jan 25, 2011
- Boy George regrets past behaviour - May 10, 2010
- George Michael, Boy George patch up after 25 years - Mar 15, 2010
- Alcohol ruined Cooper's life - Sep 06, 2012
- Ronnie Wood's girlfriend gives up drinking to help him stay sober - May 02, 2011
- Demi Lovato loves being sober - Jan 05, 2012
- Ronnie Wood 'helps son through rehab' - Dec 31, 2010
- Demi Lovato appeals against drugs, alcohol - Aug 06, 2011
- Ozzy Osbourne still suffers from drug side effects - Feb 19, 2011
- Bieber presented with a $100,000 electric car - Mar 02, 2012
- Damien Hirst rescued me: Ronnie Wood - Sep 08, 2011
- Bush reveals all about his battle with booze - Nov 09, 2010
- Bret Michaels urges Charlie Sheen to 'work out demons' - Mar 03, 2011
- Ronnie Wood removes alcohol bar from home - Aug 26, 2011