Box office offers spooky ‘Haunted’, teenage romance ‘Luv Ka…’ (IANS preview)May 4th, 2011 - 8:41 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, May 4 (IANS) Director Vikram Bhatt is back with what he is best at - spooking people. But this time the director takes his fascination to next level by making his new film “Haunted” in the 3D format, which releases Friday alongside teenage romance “Luv Ka The End”.
“Haunted”, starring Mithun Chakraborty’s son Mahakshay, newcomer Tia Bajpai, Achint Kaur, Arif Zakaria andSanjay Sharma, is set in the misty mountains of Dalhousie, revolves around the sprawling mansion Glen Manor, with a secret past and a haunted present.
It is the first stereoscopic 3D horror film shot exclusively with 3DCC’s custom-built 3D camera systems.
Bhatt, who has previously directed horror flicks like “Raaz”, “1920″ and “Shaapit”, claims this is his “most expensive and ambitious project till date”. It is shot in 3D format like “Avatar” and not converted from 2D to 3D format.
In the film, the protagonist Rehan (Mahakshay) visits Glen Manor to finalise the sale of the house, which his father had initiated. But during the proceedings Rehan discovers some mysterious incidents in the manor that may jeopardize the sale.
And when he investigates the inexplicable happenings, he comes across a girl and falls in love with her. This discovery brings him face to face with the biggest challenge of his life, how to save the girl when she is already dead.
The director roped in 3D technicians and supports from Canada who have earlier worked in the genre - Brent Robinson, Christan Jeams and Cassidey Micheal Reuben Flax.
Mahakshay is hoping to get a second chance in Bollywood with “Haunted” after making his debut with box-office dud “Jimmy”. He will be seen performing risky stunts in the film.
This is the first big screen outing of debutant Tia Bajpai, one of the finalists in singing reality show “Sa Re Ga Ma Pa”.
Also releasing Friday is “Luv Ka The End” starring newcomers Tahaa Shah and actor Shakti Kapoor’s daughter Shraddha Kapoor. Directed by Bumpy, it is the first release of Yash Raj Films’ newly launched youth film studio Y-Films.
Shraddha has previously worked in “Teen Patti”.
Model-actress Shenaz Treasurywala has written the dialogues and screenplay of “Luv Ka The End”, which tracks the story of Rhea (Shraddha), the quintessential girl next door. She is in love with the most popular boy in college Luv (Tahaa).
On the eve of her 18th birthday, they plan to take their relationship to next level, when she accidentally finds out that Luv is not as nice a guy as she thought.
- Horror scores over romance at box office - May 11, 2011
- Vikram Bhatt enters 3D world with 'Haunted' - Jan 17, 2011
- 'Haunted 3D' release pushed to May 6 - Feb 21, 2011
- 'Haunted' is my most challenging film: Vikram Bhatt - Feb 08, 2011
- Vikram Bhatt Makes India's First Stereoscopic 3D film – Haunted - Nov 01, 2010
- Nothing finalised on 'Heroine' yet: Bhandarkar (Movie Snippets) - Apr 15, 2011
- 'Haunted', takes horror genre the x-tra mile (IANS Hindi Film Review, Rating:***) - May 07, 2011
- 'Haunted 3D' to be dubbed in Spanish (Movie Snippets) (With Images) - Apr 20, 2011
- Love songs galore in 'Haunted 3D' (IANS Music Review) - Apr 21, 2011
- I'm not a rocket that'd be launched repeatedly: Shraddha Kapoor - Apr 06, 2011
- YRF launches new youth film studio Y-Films - Apr 01, 2011
- Veena Malik to star in 3D horror film - Nov 19, 2011
- YRF launches Boney Kapoor's son Arjun with 'Virus Diwan' - Apr 01, 2011
- Mimoh feels burdened as star kid - Jul 30, 2011
- Shraddha Kapoor bags 'Aashiqui 2' - Jun 07, 2012
Tags: 3d format, achint kaur, ambitious project, box office dud, camera systems, cassidey, christan, dalhousie, horror film, horror flicks, misty mountains, mithun chakraborty, new film, protagonist, raaz, risky stunts, screen outing, shakti kapoor, stereoscopic 3d, teenage romance