Booze is killing Winehouse, say her parentsJune 17th, 2009 - 1:07 pm ICT by ANI
London, June 17 (ANI): Amy Winehouse’s parents fear their daughter’s alcohol addiction may take a deadly toll on her health.
Mitch and Janis Winehouse revealed they had tried every trick in the book to get her away from the bottle and repeatedly pleaded with the pop star to stop drinking before it kills them and her.
“I need my daughter to be a whole person again. I’ve tried it all,” The Sun quoted her father as saying in an ITV interview.
“I said: ‘Amy you’ve got to do this, you’ve got to go to this doctor, you’ve got to do this, you’ve got to do that, you’re killing me, you’re killing your mum.’ None of it worked,” he added.
The troubled singer’s mum continued: “The need to rescue her is enormous. I just want her to be OK and I would do whatever it took to make that right.
“Amy is in denial all the time. She probably feels trapped, her body is trapping her. But I know with addiction you do not have the choice because the substance itself directs you.” (ANI)
- I'm completely devastated: Amy Winehouse's father - Jul 25, 2011
- Coroner: Amy Winehouse's death is non suspicious - Jul 25, 2011
- Mitch Winehouse in shock over Amy's death - Jul 02, 2012
- We did our best to save Amy: Mitch Winehouse - Jul 09, 2012
- Winehouse's parents approve of new boyfriend - Jun 23, 2010
- You've got to love yourself first: Lopez - Oct 28, 2011
- Amy's dad to share her handwritten notes with fans - Jun 18, 2012
- Winehouse dad demands 10 mn pounds from Gaga - Jul 26, 2012
- Amy was too young to die, says goddaughter - Jul 24, 2012
- Lady Gaga being preferred to play Amy Winehouse in biopic - Dec 13, 2011
- Winehouse reincarnated as butterfly, believes mom - Jul 10, 2012
- Winehouse's father gives her clothes to fans - Jul 31, 2011
- Winehouse didn't like singing her hit songs - Jun 28, 2012
- Amy Winehouse addicted to gyming - Nov 02, 2009
- Sarah is ideal for Amy charity: Mitch Winehouse - Oct 25, 2011