Bono undergoes back surgeryMay 23rd, 2010 - 1:17 pm ICT by IANS
London, May 23 (IANS) U2 frontman Bono underwent an immediate surgery after sustaining a back injury while preparing for his tour.
“He was admitted to a specialist neurosurgery unit in a Munich hospital and is under the care of neurosurgeon Dr. Jorg Tonn and Dr. Muller Wohlfahrt,” said a statement released on U2’s website Friday.
Okmagazine.com reports that the 50-year-old was injured in Germany as he prepared for the next part of the band’s tour, scheduled to begin June 3 in Salt Lake City and continuing in parts of North America.
“Bono will spend the next few days there, before returning home to recuperate,” the statement added.
- Bono's injury puts tour on hold - May 22, 2010
- Bono Undergoes Emergency Back Surgery - May 22, 2010
- Bono's Prognosis "Excellent", U2 Tour Cancelled - May 25, 2010
- Bono's back surgery forces U2 to axe Glastonbury gig - May 26, 2010
- Bono's back surgery casts doubts over U2's Glastonbury headline spot - May 22, 2010
- Bono believed he would limp through his life after surgery - Aug 20, 2010
- Bono back on his feet after emergency op - Jun 10, 2010
- U2 tour postponed because of Bono's back surgery - May 25, 2010
- Can't keep secrets from Pitt: Jolie - Jul 11, 2010
- Bono's back injury costs insurers $18m - Jul 24, 2010
- U2 hated living with Bono - Oct 31, 2011
- Robin Williams mistaken for Bono - Nov 27, 2011
- U2 asked to return to Glastonbury, confirms organiser - Aug 06, 2010
- Obama watches 'Avatar' with family - Jan 02, 2010
- Bono hospitalized for chest pain - Aug 22, 2011