Bono honoured with humanitarian award at AIDS fundraiserNovember 14th, 2007 - 2:56 am ICT by admin
“Rock stars always want to do two things. They want to have fun and change the world. If they can do both at the same time, you’re okay,” BBC quoted him, as saying.
While at the event Alicia Keys, the co-founder of the Keep A Child Alive charity told Associated Press that Bono is ‘an amazing man’.
“He is an inspiration and single-handedly made it cool to have something to speak about,” she said.
She also added that Bono “works tirelessly at really having a cause and fighting for it”. (ANI)
- 'SWAGs' pose for sexy calendar to support their men in Afghanistan - Dec 09, 2010
- Gaga, Usher, Kardashian 'play dead' to raise money for World AIDS Day - Nov 29, 2010
- Alicia Keys contemplating adopting child from Africa - Jun 12, 2010
- Alicia Keys' charity event raises $2.4 mn - Oct 03, 2010
- Pregnant Alicia Keys 'wants to teach her child about charity' - Oct 02, 2010
- Melanie balances acting, social work with elan (With Images) - Jul 30, 2012
- Microsoft co-founder says his book is tech history, not revenge against Gates - Apr 16, 2011
- Alicia Keys, Kim Kardashian Sacrifices Digital Life On The World AIDS Day - Dec 02, 2010
- Hudson, Hendricks honoured for charity work - Sep 16, 2011
- Madonna plans massive Malawi fundraiser - Jul 26, 2010
- Fergie wants to set up cancer charity - Aug 07, 2011
- Sean Penn to be honoured for Haiti work - Sep 23, 2010
- Keys raises fund for people with HIV/AIDS - May 05, 2011
- Samantha Cameron bakes 'charity cakes' for royal wedding street party - Apr 27, 2011
- U2 hated living with Bono - Oct 31, 2011