Bond producers pension off Q, Miss MoneypennyFebruary 4th, 2008 - 4:19 pm ICT by admin
London, February 4 (ANI): EON Productions has decided to pension off Q and Miss Moneypennys characters in future James Bond movies.
Since Daniel Craig has joined the famous series, the producers vision has changed drastically about how Bond should be projected.
The fact is they no longer work as part of the vision for the Bond brand that weve been looking to create since Daniel Craig stepped into the lead role, the Daily Express quoted a movie executive at the London-based production company as saying.
Actress Samantha Bond, who played Miss Moneypenny when Pierce Brosnan was portraying the suave agent, has revealed that the character will not be appearing even in the 22nd Bond film Quantum of Solace.
I suppose I should take her absence from the new film as a huge compliment because it shows the producers obviously think Im irreplaceable, she said.
Speaking on condition of anonymity, a Bond executive said: We have no regrets about killing off either Miss Moneypenny or Q. They may have been much-loved characters in their day. But time has moved on and to reintroduce them now would be to conjure up memories of the Roger Moore films, which many people believe, rightly or wrongly, are best forgotten.
The executive went on: And if were to ensure the future success of the franchise we have to reach out to a younger audience who are not interested in these ghosts of the past. (ANI)
- Next James Bond film on hold indefinitely - Apr 23, 2010
- New 'James Bond' film starring Daniel Craig to release in 2012 - Jan 12, 2011
- Connery says no to Bond's 50th anniversary celebrations - Jan 31, 2011
- Craig wasn't interested in 'James Bond' role - Jul 22, 2011
- Ben Whishaw to play Q in next Bond film - Jul 14, 2012
- New James Bond film to release next year - Jan 12, 2011
- I'm done with directing Bond films: Martin Campbell (Interview) - Jun 15, 2010
- New Bond Movie Canceled Owing To MGM's Financial Woes - Jul 10, 2010
- The latest Bond Girl is Berenice Marlohe - May 23, 2012
- James Bond Movie Cancelled Owing To Production Issues - Jul 07, 2010
- Craig made bond's character extraordinary: David Arnold - May 04, 2010
- Filming of 'James Bond 23' Movie Canceled Due To MGM Bankruptcy - Jul 07, 2010
- Cash Crisis Leads To Axing Of James Bond Film - Jul 05, 2010
- New Bond movie filming cancelled indefinitely - Apr 20, 2010
- Craig to return to screens as James Bond with MGM close to sealing deal - Aug 13, 2010
Tags: actress samantha, anonymity, bond film, bond producers, compliment, daily express, daniel craig, eon productions, franchise, ghosts, james bond movies, lead role, miss moneypenny, miss moneypennys, new film, no regrets, pierce brosnan, quantum, roger moore, solace