Bond movies ‘objectified’ women: Daniel CraigOctober 19th, 2008 - 12:45 am ICT by IANS
New York, Oct 18 (IANS) Hollywood actor Daniel Craig has said that the Bond movies have always “objectified” women though the situation is now changing.“Beautiful women have always been part of the story. In the past maybe they were more objectified. They were just eye candy. Now they’re integral and powerful in their own right. They’re beautiful, but now things are almost reversed,” said the Bond actor.
Craig will return as 007 in “Quantum of Solace” due Nov 14.
“In this movie I don’t think we objectify women. I’m the one taking my clothes off most of the time,” he was quoted as saying by accesshollywood.com.
- Daniel Craig is the best Bond: Roger Moore - Aug 29, 2012
- Doing rom-com would be disaster for me: Craig - Aug 08, 2011
- Daniel Craig 'gagging to go' for next Bond film - Jul 23, 2011
- New Bond Movie Canceled Owing To MGM's Financial Woes - Jul 10, 2010
- Javier Bardem might be the next Bond villain - Feb 04, 2011
- 'Kings of Leon' to record new James Bond theme song - Jun 24, 2011
- 'Austin Powers' ruined 'James Bond': Craig - Aug 31, 2012
- New Bond Movie Likely To Start With Daniel Craig - Aug 13, 2010
- This 'James Bond' keeps personal life under cover - Jul 29, 2011
- Daniel Craig Looks Sizzling In 'Cowboys And Aliens' - Jul 25, 2010
- Daniel Craig Passionate About Third Bond Movie - Aug 16, 2010
- I'm done with directing Bond films: Martin Campbell (Interview) - Jun 15, 2010
- Is Naomie Harris the new Bond girl? - Jun 07, 2011
- Craig to return to screens as James Bond with MGM close to sealing deal - Aug 13, 2010
- Daniel Craig says he is 'ready and willing' for new Bond film - Aug 16, 2010