Bond film `Quantum of Solace’ to release in India before USOctober 3rd, 2008 - 12:16 am ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Oct 2 (IANS) In a detour from convention, the 22nd film on the charismatic and debonair secret agent James Bond - “Quantum of Solace” - will hit Indian theatres a week prior to its release in the US.The film will first release in Britain Oct 31 followed by its release in India Nov 7. Only then will the film open for Bond lovers in the US Nov 14.
“Quantum of Solace” is the sequel to 2006 Bond flick “Casino Royale”, based on author Ian Fleming’s eponymous 1953 novel. The latter was also the first to star Daniel Craig as James Bond.
The sequel, being released in India by Sony Pictures, will see Daniel back from where he left his journey as the elusive British agent 007 in “Casino Royale”.
“James Bond has a huge equity in this country and Bond films have always been a hit here. November 7 will see the biggest roll out for any Hollywood film in India as we would like to give our audiences the thrill of seeing ‘Quantum of Solace’ even before the US does,” said Sony Pictures managing director Kercy Daruwala.
The Bond series are spy films inspired by Ian Fleming’s novels about a fictional agent Commander James Bond. Between 1962 and 2006, 21 films of the series have been released, qualifying it as one of the longest running series in film history.
“Quantum of Solace”, like other Bond films, also promises to offer viewers some nail biting drama and hi-octane adventure apart from exotic locations, glamorous girls, exciting car chases, and hi-tech gadgets.
- Daniel Craig is the best Bond: Roger Moore - Aug 29, 2012
- 'Austin Powers' ruined 'James Bond': Craig - Aug 31, 2012
- Heineken extends partnership with James Bond films - Feb 09, 2012
- Daniel Craig To Star In Remake Of The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo - Jul 28, 2010
- Dame Judi Dench to return as James Bond's boss - Jan 29, 2011
- Doing rom-com would be disaster for me: Craig - Aug 08, 2011
- Craig to return to screens as James Bond with MGM close to sealing deal - Aug 13, 2010
- Sam Mendes to direct next James Bond flick? - Jan 06, 2010
- Railways' green signal to Bond film - Sep 01, 2011
- Sony to co-finance, distribute 'James Bond' - Apr 14, 2011
- James Bond Movie Cancelled Owing To Production Issues - Jul 07, 2010
- This 'James Bond' keeps personal life under cover - Jul 29, 2011
- Rachel Weisz 'to play Bond's enemy in next 007 film' - Jan 20, 2011
- New 'James Bond' film starring Daniel Craig to release in 2012 - Jan 12, 2011
- Daniel Craig Looks Sizzling In 'Cowboys And Aliens' - Jul 25, 2010