‘Bond 23′ suspended indefinitely!

April 21st, 2010 - 12:15 am ICT by IANS  

Daniel Craig London, April 20 (IANS) The 23rd instalment in the James Bond franchise has been put on hold as producers announced they have suspended the project of the next film indefinitely.
Producers Michael Wilson and Barbara Broccoli said work on “Bond 23″ was suspended “indefinitely” because of uncertainty over the future of the MGM studio, reports burnleyexpress.net.

“Due to the continuing uncertainty surrounding the future of MGM and the failure to close a sale of the studio, we have suspended development on ‘Bond 23′ indefinitely… We do not know when development will resume and do not have a date for the release of ‘Bond 23′,” said Wilson and Broccoli, of EON Productions.

“I have every confidence in Barbara and Michael’s decision and look forward to production resuming as quickly as possible,” said Daniel Craig, who is set to play 007 for the third time.

The film had been set for release in 2011 or 2012.

The James Bond franchise is the longest running in film history.

Related Stories

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Posted in Entertainment |