‘Bond 23′ suspended indefinitely!April 21st, 2010 - 12:15 am ICT by IANS
London, April 20 (IANS) The 23rd instalment in the James Bond franchise has been put on hold as producers announced they have suspended the project of the next film indefinitely.
Producers Michael Wilson and Barbara Broccoli said work on “Bond 23″ was suspended “indefinitely” because of uncertainty over the future of the MGM studio, reports burnleyexpress.net.
“Due to the continuing uncertainty surrounding the future of MGM and the failure to close a sale of the studio, we have suspended development on ‘Bond 23′ indefinitely… We do not know when development will resume and do not have a date for the release of ‘Bond 23′,” said Wilson and Broccoli, of EON Productions.
“I have every confidence in Barbara and Michael’s decision and look forward to production resuming as quickly as possible,” said Daniel Craig, who is set to play 007 for the third time.
The film had been set for release in 2011 or 2012.
The James Bond franchise is the longest running in film history.
- New Bond movie filming cancelled indefinitely - Apr 20, 2010
- Filming of 'James Bond 23' Movie Canceled Due To MGM Bankruptcy - Jul 07, 2010
- Production of 'James Bond' movie suspended 'indefinitely' - Apr 21, 2010
- Next James Bond film on hold indefinitely - Apr 23, 2010
- Oct 5 to be celebrated as Global James Bond Day (With Image) - Aug 30, 2012
- New 'James Bond' film starring Daniel Craig to release in 2012 - Jan 12, 2011
- Craig to return to screens as James Bond with MGM close to sealing deal - Aug 13, 2010
- James Bond Movie Cancelled Owing To Production Issues - Jul 07, 2010
- New Bond Movie Likely To Start With Daniel Craig - Aug 13, 2010
- Bond Movie Cancelled - Jul 07, 2010
- Recession brings James Bond to a halt - Apr 20, 2010
- Sam Worthington as new James Bond? - Apr 22, 2010
- 'Bond 23' Finally Makes Its Presence Felt - Jan 12, 2011
- New James Bond film to release next year - Jan 12, 2011
- New 'James Bond' movie named 'Skyfall' - Nov 03, 2011