Bon Jovi files copyright infringement suit against his football teams ex-employeeFebruary 14th, 2009 - 12:48 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, February 14 (ANI): Rocker Jon Bon Jovi is dragging a former employee of his American football team Philadelphia Soul for copyright infringement.
He and officials at Philadelphia Soul allege that the teams former sales manager, Joe Krause, illegally made and sold to the public his own version of the championship rings that each player of the Arena Football League (AFL) team was given when they were crowned champions in 2008.
The legal papers filed in a U.S. court on Thursday show that the team owners allege the design of the ring belongs to them, as well as any use of the team logo, reports Contactmusic.
According to TMZ.com, they are suing for damages and demanding all remaining infringing articles be destroyed.
The online report also says that this is the second law dispute between the two parties in the last few months, for Krause sued Philadelphia Soul bosses in December last year, accusing them of failing to pay him almost 125,000 dollars in outstanding wages. (ANI)
- Bon Jovi opens homeless shelter - Apr 20, 2011
- Bon Jovi opens charity restaurant - Oct 20, 2011
- Elton John sued over 'Nikita' - Apr 27, 2012
- Bon Jovi perform on O2 Arena roof - Jun 08, 2010
- Jon Bon Jovi performs despite knee injury - Jun 20, 2011
- Bon Jovi, Gwen Stefani sue bar owners for playing music without authorisation - Nov 23, 2009
- Madonna sued over 'Vogue' song - Jul 14, 2012
- Bon Jovi keeps playing after injuring calf muscle onstage - Jul 13, 2010
- Bon Jovi creates new music to get over old creations - Jun 08, 2010
- Why Jon Bon Jovi dumped Diane Lane - Sep 15, 2010
- Sambora quits Bon Jovi tour to enter rehab - Apr 30, 2011
- Jon Bon Jovi injured during stage show - Jul 12, 2010
- Bon Jovi's raunchy photo muzzling 4 topless babes surfaces - Jul 26, 2010
- New lawsuit over Paris Hilton's sex tape - Jan 25, 2011
- Bon Jovi sued over lyrics - Oct 12, 2008
Tags: afl team, american football team, arena football, arena football league, bon jovi, championship rings, copyright infringement, damages, february 14, football teams, infringement suit, jon bon jovi, philadelphia soul, team logo, team philadelphia, wages