Bollywood’s style icon Feroz Khan is dead (Lead)April 27th, 2009 - 12:46 pm ICT by IANS
Bangalore, April 27 (IANS) Bollywood’s flamboyant actor-producer-director Feroz Khan, known for blockbusters like “Qurbani” and “Dharmatma”, passed away at his farmhouse here after a prolonged battle with cancer. He was 69.
Feroz Khan, who died late Sunday, will be buried at the Johnson Market burial ground at 5.30 p.m. Monday, his younger brother Sanjay Khan said.
Sanjay told media that the funeral procession would be taken out from his brother’s farmhouse to the Johnson Market Graveyard in the evening.
He is survived by son, actor Fardeen Khan and daughter Laila. Fardeen Khan is married to Natasha Madhwani, daughter of yesteryear actress Mumtaz who had played lead roles in many of his films.
Feroz Khan, who last seen in the 2007 comedy “Welcome”, had divorced his wife Sundari 24 years ago.
The filmmaker, who was known to have led a quiet and simple life in Bangalore, had been battling cancer for the past one year and was under treatment in a Mumbai hospital. Family sources said his death was not ‘unexpected’ as his health had been falling steeply.
Family sources said actor Hrithik Roshan, who is married to Sanjay Khan’s daughter, and his filmmaker father Rakesh Roshan were expected to arrive here to pay their last respects to the director.
The actor, who was born in Bangalore on Sep 25, 1939, died at his farmhouse on Tumkur Road here.
The actor did his schooling in Bangalore after which he went to Mumbai to pursue a career in Bollywood.
He acted in popular films like “Arzoo”, “Aurat” and “Safar” as well as played important roles in his own directorial ventures “Qurbani” and “Dharmatma”. He won a Filmfare award for best supporting role in “Aadmi Aur Insaan” in 1970 and was honoured with the lifetime achievement award in 2000.
- Feroz, Bollywood's original Khan, is dead (Second Lead) - Apr 27, 2009
- Feroz Khan - Bollywood's all time style icon (Obituary) - Apr 27, 2009
- Interesting Facts and Figures Fardeen Khan - May 02, 2009
- Actor Feroz Khan passes away - Apr 27, 2009
- Interesting Facts and Figures: Feroz Khan - Apr 27, 2009
- Bollywood actor Feroz Khan dies - Apr 27, 2009
- 'Fardeen Khan has taken his father's death very badly' - May 01, 2009
- THE SWASHBUCKLING HERO IS NO MORE - Apr 27, 2009
- Feroz Khan's last wish was to remake 'Qurbani' - Apr 27, 2009
- Fardeen relieved and grateful at court verdict - Oct 07, 2011
- Akbar Khan to play Saddam Hussein, says it's challenging (With Images) - Apr 28, 2011
- Feroz Khan loses battle against cancer - Apr 27, 2009
- Big B remembers 'flamboyant' Feroz Khan - Apr 28, 2009
- Fardeen fulfills dad's wish - Apr 28, 2009
- Actor Feroz Khan's condition stable, moved out of ICU - Feb 27, 2009
Tags: actress mumtaz, aurat, burial ground, family sources, fardeen khan, farmhouse, feroz khan, filmfare award, funeral procession, hrithik roshan, insaan, last respects, lifetime achievement award, prolonged battle, qurbani, rakesh roshan, safar, sanjay khan, simple life, style icon