Bollywood’’s latest flick ”Delhi 6” gets star studded premiere in DelhiFebruary 20th, 2009 - 1:55 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Feb 20 (ANI): Loud cheering and whistling echoed in the air as over a hundred eager fans stood outside a movie theatre last evening to catch a glimpse of Bollywood glitterati that descended upon New Delhi for the premiere of ”Delhi 6”.
The actors, including the cast and crew of the film, caused much euphoria and frenzy amongst the star stuck Delhiites.
Directed by Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra, who shot to fame with his phenomenal ”Rang De Basanti”, ”Delhi 6” captures life in the narrow by-lanes of New Delhi.
The film, starring Abhishek Bachchan and Sonam Kapoor, is Mehra’’s third directorial venture after ”Aks” and ”Rang De Basanti”.
Riding high on the success of ”Rang De Basanti”, Mehra said expectations were equally high for ”Delhi 6”.
“We are keeping our fingers crossed. Expectations are high,” he said.
The title of the film ”Delhi 6”, is inspired by the postal code of an area in Delhi where the story is based. This area houses the famous Chandni Chowk and the Mughal era monuments of Jama Masjid and Red Fort.
Betraying nerves on the first public screening of the film, Sonam Kapoor, one of the lead actors, said, “I”m nervous with anticipation.”
The story revolves around Roshan who comes back from New York to India with his ailing grandmother. He doesn”t know that this quick trip will turn into the longest journey of his life.
Citing similarities between his screen role and his real life persona, Abhishek said, “I”m so excited. I hope audience love the film. I found a lot of similarities and that’’s why I was really keen to do the film.”
The story of ”Delhi-6” is placed against the backdrop of the ancient walled city of Delhi. The movie released today across the country. (ANI)
- Mehra to start shooting 'Bhag Milkha Bhag' soon - Jul 17, 2011
- Film villains mirror socio-political scene: Rakeysh Mehra - Sep 26, 2011
- Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra mourns loss of mother - Sep 10, 2012
- '...Milkha Bhaag' shooting to resume after summer break - Jul 06, 2012
- I'm stylish, not sexy: Sonam Kapoor - Aug 09, 2012
- Sonam surprised at being tagged 'sexy' - Dec 20, 2011
- Abhishek's survival tips for Sonam - Dec 23, 2011
- I've no luxury to watch films, admits Pranab - Oct 18, 2011
- Abhishek proud to have worked with 'Amar, Akbar, Anthony' - Mar 07, 2011
- Will direct again, but not sure when: Gulzar (Film Snippets) - Feb 15, 2011
- Bollywood documentary takes Cannes by storm - May 21, 2011
- Want biopic to inspire the youth: Milkha - Feb 21, 2012
- Censors out of sync with today's youth: Sonam Kapoor - Dec 22, 2011
- Mehra wants new face to play Milkha Singh - Jan 05, 2011
- Bollywood actors create fan frenzy in showbiz Mumbai - Feb 15, 2009
Tags: abhishek bachchan, aks, bollywood, cast and crew, chandni chowk, city of delhi, directorial venture, eager fans, euphoria, glitterati, jama masjid, longest journey, mehra, movie theatre, New Delhi, public screening, quick trip, roshan, sonam kapoor, walled city