Bollywood to make film about Jesus’ childhoodSeptember 1st, 2010 - 12:24 pm ICT by ANI
London, Sep 01 (ANI): A Bollywood director is all set to make the first film about the childhood of Jesus.
Filmmaker Singeetham Srinivasa Rao said his production will be narrated in four languages and feature an all-Indian cast of child actors and seven devotional songs.
Producer Konda Krishnam Raju said that the film revolves around the childhood of Jesus, a contrast with other movies that depict the later years.
“This is the first presentation of this type in Bollywood history,” the Telegraph quoted Raju as saying.
While the movie has special significance for Christians, it is “intended for a global audience,” Rao said.
American makeup artist Christien Tinsley, who earned an Academy Award nomination for his work on The Passion of the Christ, will also be involved in the film.
At 30 million dollars (19.5 million pounds), the filmmakers say, the film about Jesus will be one of India’s highest budget movies. An average Indian movie costs about 500,000 dollars (325,000 pounds).
Aditya Productions plans to release the movie next year in English and three Indian languages - Telugu, Hindi and Malayalam.
South Indian star Pawan Kalyan will narrate the Telugu and Malayalam versions, while other well known actors will narrate the English and Hindi versions, the filmmakers said. (ANI)
- Indian filmmakers plan $30 mn movie on Christ - Sep 01, 2010
- Devi Sri Prasad bags international project - Sep 27, 2010
- Pawan To Shoot In Jerusalem - Jul 08, 2010
- Pawan Kalyan will star in a movie on Jesus Christ - Sep 14, 2010
- Tapasee Turns Down Meaty Role In Amitabh Bachchan Starrer 'Buddha' - Jan 17, 2011
- Music, Bollywood glitter at 57th National Film Awards ceremony (Roundup) - Oct 22, 2010
- Is Bellamkonda Suresh On The Verge Of Remaking Kaavalan? - Jan 20, 2011
- Bollywood shares National Award honours with Malayalam, Bengali cinema (Roundup) - Sep 15, 2010
- Siddique To Remake Bodyguard With Salman Khan - Jul 22, 2010
- Standing ovation for Amitabh at National Awards nite - Oct 22, 2010
- Now hear mythological stories on your mobile - Dec 09, 2011
- Bollywood is creatively satisfying: 'Bodyguard' director (Interview) - Aug 28, 2011
- 'Rebel' shooting complete, audio to be released Sep 14 - Sep 05, 2012
- Shriya Saran's plea - do not divide films on regional basis - Feb 04, 2012
- IIFI 2011: Malayalam films dominate Indian panorama - Oct 18, 2011
Tags: 30 million, 5 million, academy award nomination, child actors, christians, devotional songs, filmmaker, filmmakers, global audience, indian languages, indian star, krishnam raju, makeup artist, malayalam, million dollars, passion of the christ, pawan kalyan, srinivasa rao, telegraph, tinsley