Bollywood stars to play cricket match for cancer causeMay 24th, 2009 - 3:48 am ICT by Sampurn Wire
Cancer Patients Aid Association (CPAA) at Hotel Taj Lands End on Saturday May 23rd evening announced the line up of events for celebrating World No Tobacco day in association with Bollywood stars, World Health Organisation (WHO) and The Ministry of Health and Welfare.
Present at the event were Bollywood personalities - Sohail Khan, Aftab Shivdasani, Milind Soman, Neetu Chandra, Raima Sen, Dr. Anuj Saxena, Arjan Bajwa, Bappi Lahiri, Shailendra Singh of Percept Pictures along with cricketer Vinod Kambli. Also present were CPAA, WHO and the Ministry officials comprising of Mr. Y.K. Sapru, P.S. Pasricha and D.J. Habayeb.
It was announced that Bollywood n Television stars would play against Mumbai city doctors a special cricket match on Monday May 25th at the Mumbai Police Gymkhana at Marine Lines, Mumbai at 4 pm. While the Bollywood stars interacted with the media about the same, they also participated in a mock holi and threw tobacco based products in it.
It was announced that special guests of honour at the match are going to be Farah Khan and actor-producer Dr. Anuj Saxena, who will felicitate the film personalities and handover voice boxes (prosthesis) to cancer patients who have lost their voices due to the disease. The celebrities will also be participating in the charity event will be Sohail Khan, Zayed Khan, Riteish Deshmukh, Suniel Shetty, Javed Jaffery, Arjan Bajwa, Chetan Hansraj, Aman Verma, Cyrus Broacha, Milind Soman, Vinod Kambli, Bakhtiyar Irani and many more. Through the match, the institutes hope to raise funds as well as spread awareness about cancer.
- Smoking not allowed on my sets: Vivek Oberoi - May 25, 2012
- Male models have short life: Model Sahil Shroff - Nov 23, 2011
- Salman in Hema Malini's 'Tell Me O Khuda' - Jul 27, 2011
- Sri Lankan team knocks out Bollywood stars in charity matches - Jun 04, 2010
- Shreyas Talpade's unfulfilled painting dream - Jun 12, 2012
- Chirag Paswan celebrates birthday with Kangana - Nov 03, 2010
- Who says models can't act? - Aug 08, 2011
- Ninth edition of Mumbai marathon kicks off - Jan 15, 2012
- Kangana is very professional, helpful: Anuj Saxena - Aug 29, 2011
- Hemaji is an 'Iron Woman': Arjan Bajwa - Jun 17, 2011
- Milind Soman Says No To Gigolo Act! - Nov 26, 2010
- Manish Malhotra concludes Bridal Week in style - Nov 03, 2010
- Bollywood actor detained for father's murder - Apr 10, 2012
- Smoking okay on reel, not in real: B-Town (May 31 is World No Tobacco Day) - May 30, 2012
- Shweta Tiwari shoots first item song with Chirag Paswan (TV Snippets) - Oct 05, 2010
Tags: aftab shivdasani, anuj saxena, bappi lahiri, cancer patients aid association, chetan hansraj, city doctors, cricket match, cyrus broacha, farah khan, film personalities, javed jaffery, milind soman, neetu chandra, patients aid association, raima sen, riteish deshmukh, shailendra singh, vinod kambli, world health organisation, zayed khan