Bollywood stars mourn Navin Nischol’s death on TwitterMarch 19th, 2011 - 6:16 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, March 19 (IANS) Veteran actor Navin Nischol, best remembered as Balraj of popular TV series “Dekh Bhai Dekh”, died following a heart attack here Saturday morning. He was 65. Bollywood actors paid their respects on micro-blogging site Twitter.
“Navin Nischol was a good man. Aloof but helpful. We shared some nice moments during ‘Khosla ka Ghosla’. Sad he is no more. RIP,” veteran star Anupam Kher posted.
Former beauty queen-turned-actress Diya Mirza, who shared screen space with Nischol once, wrote: “Actor Navin Nischol played my father in ‘Rehna Hain Tere Dil Mein’… Saddened by the news of his demise… RIP.”
Nischol made a successful debut with “Sawan Bhadon” in 1970 and went on to feature in several films like “Victoria No.203″, “Dhund”, “Chhalia”, “Parwana”, “Buddha Mil Gaya”, and later as character actor in “Major Saab”, “The Burning Train”, among others.
He was well respected in the industry.
“Very sad to hear of the passing of Mr. Navin Nischol. may his soul rest in peace. he will be missed (sic),” posted Abhishek Bachchan.
National award winning filmmaker Madhur Bhandarkar wrote: “Sad to hear about the demise of Navin Nischol. Very good actor & a gr8 human being. The industry will miss him. May his soul rest in peace.”
Actor Ashish Chowdhry said: “Mum had the biggest crush ever on Navin Nischol. Dad and her had the cutest quarrels over it. We’ll all miss him so much. Bless his handsome soul.”
- Bollywood pays respects to actor Navin Nischol - Mar 20, 2011
- He was my buddy: Praveen Nischol remembers brother Navin - Mar 22, 2011
- Mona Kapoor passes away, B-town mourns - Mar 25, 2012
- Lower the car AC, said Navin Nischol; then slumped and died - Mar 22, 2011
- Bollywood salutes A.K. Hangal - Aug 26, 2012
- Bollywood mourns death of Azharuddin's son - Sep 16, 2011
- Jagjit Singh brought soul to film songs, says Bollywood - Oct 10, 2011
- Bollywood pays tribute ot Ashok Mehta - Aug 15, 2012
- Pandit Joshi's music will ring forever in our hearts: Bollywood - Jan 24, 2011
- Bollywood mourns Vilasrao Deshmukh - Aug 14, 2012
- Bollywood shocked by scribe's murder - Jun 12, 2011
- Bollywood remembers 'immortal' Mehdi Hassan - Jun 13, 2012
- Dev Anand no more, film fraternity says 'abhi na jao chodkar' - Dec 04, 2011
- Film critic Nikhat Kazmi dies - Jan 20, 2012
- Bollywood now more professional, but impersonal: Anupam Kher (Interview) - Apr 11, 2012
Tags: abhishek bachchan, anupam kher, balraj, beauty queen, bollywood actors, bollywood stars, buddha mil gaya, character actor, dhund, diya mirza, navin nischol, parwana, popular tv series, quarrels, rest in peace, screen space, soul rest, twitter, veteran actor, victoria no 203