Bollywood stars and their ‘pet’ peevesMarch 24th, 2008 - 8:42 am ICT by admin
By Subhash K. Jha
Mumbai, March 24 (IANS) Bollywood stars just adore their pets, showering them with gifts and loads of love. But they wouldn’t dream of leaving their millions to their pooches. Urmila Matondkar: My pet is a pug called Loco. Leaving everything in my will? Sounds too extreme and silly. But I adore my pet.
Malaika Arora: I’ve a Daschund called Coco. And please I’m not a senile heiress to leave my billions to my dog.
Simi Garewal: I’ve two beautiful little dogs, both females, named Diva and Aria. And no! I wouldn’t leave anything in my will for them. They can’t sign cheques yet. And I’m not insane. In my will I’d make sure that they are well taken care of.
Upen Patel: I’ve a pug named Romeo and a poodle named Casanova. They’re my family in Mumbai. Can’t do without them.
Perizaad Zorabian: I’ve a pug called Chintamani. He’s just the cutest. Loves me unconditionally and is such a source of joy. I don’t think he needs any money because Chintu loves only the intangibles. But, yes, I’d provide for him and make sure he’s well looked after once I’m gone.
Tanushree Dutta: I’ve a Shitzu called Happy, all of three months old. Actually the puppy would be the only thing left in my will by the time I die. I’d have spent all my other wealth. Any takers?
Gul Panag: I’ve a four-year old male Beagle called Milo. I love him very much and take him everywhere I go, whether it’s Chandigarh or visiting my parents in Kashmir. But leave him everything? Noooo! Sorry.
Sophie Choudhary: Growing up in London I always had dogs. One of them was christened Benjy Choudhary. My mom called him beta. Unfortunately he died soon after we moved to India. But if he hadn’t I’d not leave my estate to him. I’d make sure I leave him in a good home.
Amrita Arora: I used to have a dog named Frisky. I wouldn’t leave my money for him.
Tusshar Kapoor: I’ve a 14-year-old pet named Whiskey. First my family, then I’d leave everything I have to him. I’d do anything to keep him alive forever.
Ashish Chowdhary: Got a lovely handsome really good looking pug named Hug. If he knew how to handle finances I’d leave him lots of money. But he’s going to be pampered all his life. I’ll leave him lots of back-up and love. He’s special to my entire family.
Neetu Chandra: Yes, I’ve a pet. It’s a bitch and her name is Chia. No, I wouldn’t leave everything to her in my will.
Diya Mirza: I’ve a pet Labrador. I’d leave the name of caretaker for him in my will. That way he’d be better taken care of.
But there are some who say they would leave their wealth to their pets.
Koena Mitra: I’ve five pretty dogs. They’re my angels, my lifeline. I got them from different countries. All of them are toy-breed miniatures named Cookie, Jerry, Jiggy, Missy and Fluffy. Nothing but the best for them. My wealth and my man’s money won’t be enough to maintain their plush lifestyle. So, yes, I will leave them my wealth.
Bipasha Basu: I own a Chihuahua named Poshto. He’s my jaan (life). Yes, why not leave him my money? But he won’t need so much.
- Russell Brand 'regrets never kissing a man' - Jan 06, 2011
- Peter Andre gets a new pet - Jan 31, 2012
- Many big heroes refused to work with me: Mumtaz (Interview Part 2) - Jul 31, 2012
- I am far removed from worldly matters: Lata - Sep 29, 2011
- Bell thanks India for recalling him in Trent Bridge Test - Oct 19, 2011
- Paris Hilton's latest gift, a pony - Jan 08, 2012
- Adele wants to date Prince Harry - Jun 09, 2011
- Ego is Simon Cowell's biggest downfall - Mar 21, 2012
- Ram Charan Teja will let silence speak louder in 'Zanjeer' - Apr 14, 2012
- `Dog Whisperer' says he has always chased his dreams - Jan 31, 2012
- My personal life is private: Spears - Aug 28, 2011
- Son will live with me for life, says Price - Jul 01, 2011
- Recession affecting pets in Britain - Nov 13, 2011
- Aamir's choice of films makes Kamal Haasan happy - Jan 01, 2012
- Pixie Lott 'overwhelmed' to record with Stevie Wonder - Sep 04, 2011
Tags: amrita arora, bollywood stars, casanova, chandigarh, chintamtanushree dutta, chintu, gul panag, heiress, intangibles, little dogs, malaika arora, perizaad zorabian, pet peeves, shitzu, simi garewal, subhash k jha, tusshar kapoor, upen patel, urmila matondkar