Bollywood shocked by scribe’s murderJune 12th, 2011 - 3:43 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 12 (IANS) The murder of veteran crime journalist Jyotindra Dey has sent shockwaves across the Bollywood fraternity.
Bollywood twitterati has condemned the murder of the Mid-Day reporter who was shot dead Saturday afternoon.
Vishal Dadlani of composer duo Vishal-Shekhar wrote,”If we can’t protect our senior journalists, how will they bravely expose criminals? Bombay, tera kya hoga? J. Dey was a good man. RIP.”
“I’m still in shock over the murder of reporter J Dey in broad daylight. Justice needs to be hard, swift and decisive,” posted actress Minissha Lamba.
“The war is on. RIP J Dey,” said actor Ranvir Shorey.
Actress Sonam Kapoor called the incident “horrible and shocking.”
Director Madhur Bhandarkar was “stunned” by the brazen attack.
“I’m stunned and benumbed by the sad demise of J Dey, a courageous crime journalist …R.I.P…,” he said.
Said Ram Gopal Varma who has made films like “Company” based on the underworld: “Its incredible the way the underworld keeps surprising you…just when u think its gone it comes back with a bang and an ugly reminder.”
Jewellery designer Farah Khan Ali posted,”Heartfelt condolences to the family of sr crime reporter and journalist J Dey who was shot today. May his soul RIP.”
Dey, the special investigations editor for Mumbai-based eveninger Mid Day, was shot dead by unidentified assailants near Powai area of northwest Mumbai Saturday afternoon.
Considered to be one of the most effective writers on Mumbai’s underworld, Dey had been reporting on crime since the last 22 years.
- Senior Mid Day crime journalist shot dead - Jun 11, 2011
- Senior Mid Day crime journalist shot dead (Lead) - Jun 11, 2011
- Chennai Press Club condemns journalist's murder - Jun 11, 2011
- Senior crime journalist shot dead in Mumbai (Second Lead) - Jun 11, 2011
- Mumbai journalist's funeral in afternoon - Jun 12, 2011
- Mumbai scribe's killing challenges freedom of press: Soni - Jun 11, 2011
- Mumbai politicians, activists condemn Mid Day scribe's murder - Jun 11, 2011
- Mamata condemns murder of Mumbai scribe - Jun 11, 2011
- Dey murder: Vora's custody extended - Jan 03, 2012
- Eighth suspect nabbed in journalist J. Dey's murder - Jul 03, 2011
- Sketch of Dey's suspected killer released - Jun 14, 2011
- Six months on, 12 charge sheeted for Dey's murder - Dec 03, 2011
- Justice for Dey: Candlelight march held in Delhi - Jun 13, 2011
- Mumbai police on verge of cracking J. Dey murder case - Jun 16, 2011
- Dey murder: Vora's custody extended till Jan 3 - Dec 20, 2011
Tags: 22 years, brazen attack, broad daylight, crime reporter, farah khan, good man, heartfelt condolences, hoga, kya, mid day, minissha lamba, New Delhi, ram gopal varma, sad demise, saturday afternoon, scribe, sonam kapoor, special investigations, underworld, unidentified assailants