Bollywood sensation Mahie Gill bereavedApril 8th, 2009 - 3:23 am ICT by Sampurn Wire
By Flynn Remedios – Futuristic Media Network
Dev D actress and latest Bollywood sensation Mahie Gill was bereaved on 5th April, when her dog Bruno – an intrinsic member of her family for the last 11 years - died suddenly on Sunday.
“I am in a really bad frame of mind,” said the visibly upset actress, when we called her on Monday, “adding that Bruno, a German Sheppard was going to be 11 this May. He has been with us for the last 11 years. His liver and kidney failed and the worst part was that we were not around when this happened. He died even before we could reach. He was there for us as a friend and family member for eleven long years, but unfortunately we were not when he breathed his last yesterday,” said Mahie from Chandigarh.
A close friend of Mahie’s who didn’t want to be named said that Mahie hasn’t eaten for the last 30 hours and is really very upset about the unexpected demise of Bruno who was a constant companion to the actress in her tough climb up the Bollywood ladder of success.
Apparently Mahie was especially close to her dog and the death has upset her the most.
Mahie Gill shot to fame achieving critical acclaim for her roles in Anurag Kashyaps’ films DEV D and GULAAL. In Gulaal, she plays a mistress and a mujra dancer, a semi glam role that she loves talking about. The latest sensation’s next release is Tigmanshu Dhulia’s Paan Singh Tomar where she co-stars opposite Irrfan Khan, playing his wife.
Prior to Bollywood, Mahie had worked in the regional Punjabi film arena and also as a fashion and ramp model.
She had just completed a long schedule in Rajasthan for this film and was back in Bollyland for some assignments. She will also be seen in the UTv Production, Indrajit Nattooji directed Aage Se Right with Shreyas Talpade. -Sampurn Media
- I want to explore myself as an actor: Mahie Gill - Sep 26, 2011
- Beyond offbeat films, I want comedy, romance: Mahie Gill - Feb 25, 2012
- 'Bold' Mahie not worried about being typecast - Feb 25, 2012
- Professional Actress Mahie Gill Experiences The Embarrassment Of Being Drunk On Set - Jan 31, 2011
- Irrfan Khan leaves Mahie Gill impressed - Apr 03, 2009
- When Mahie got drunk on 'Sahib Biwi...' sets - Sep 21, 2011
- 'That girl…' my last intense film with Kalki: Anurag (Movie Snippets) - Aug 09, 2011
- "By nature, I am a shy person" - Mahie Gill - May 04, 2009
- Mahie decides to go glam after 'Dev D', 'Gulaal' - Mar 27, 2009
- Steamy scenes of Randeep, Mahie leaked - Sep 22, 2011
- 'Sahib Biwi Aur Gangster': potent mix of passion, politics (IANS Movie Review - Rating: ***) - Sep 30, 2011
- Sunil Bohra to screen 'Sahib Biwi...' for Guru Dutt's family - Sep 24, 2011
- Lata surprised by Shoaib's remarks on Sachin (Movie Snippets) - Sep 29, 2011
- Dhulia to direct Indian adaptation of 'Hamlet' - May 14, 2012
- 'Mahi didn't want to play Mona Darling' - Apr 10, 2012
Tags: 11 years, bereaved, constant companion, critical acclaim, eleven long years, family member, frame of mind, german sheppard, irrfan khan, ladder of success, mistress, paan, punjabi, rajasthan, ramp, remedios, sensation, Shreyas Talpade, tigmanshu dhulia, unexpected demise